What's new

AC/DC back in black, is this an SACD? (1 Viewer)

John-Miles

Screenwriter
I just bought this and was told by a guy at Future shop that this was a hybrid sacd, but i cant seem to get it to play as an SACD so i want to make sure its not before i return it.

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, no, it is not an SACD. Sony Music recently remastered some AC/DC albums on CDs. These are standard CDs (in digipaks). That's all.

Marc Colella

Senior HTF Member
Back in Black isn't available on SACD.

Like 99.9% of the population, that salesperson has no idea what SACD is.

Definitely return it.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
one more question Keith, what about those new police discs, i picked up 2 of those and neither one will play in mt player as an sacd... did they re-release regular cd's as well as sacd's?

John-Miles

Screenwriter
actually in the salesmans defense he said he wasent sure but he thought it had been listed as a hybrid, he also said if it wasent that it should not be a problem i could return it and tell them that id been told it was an sacd

Joel Fontenot

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joel Fontenot
...what about those new police discs...
The recent Police catalog remasters (25th Anniversary editions) are sold in separate formats on this side of the Atlantic.

Regular redbook CD's in digipaks and non-hybrid SACD only in the SACD jewel cases.

However, you can order hybrid SACD's from the UK as that's how they are sold there for some unknown reason.

Joel

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
John, Joel is right. Standard remastered CDs are in digipaks, while single-layer SACDs are in Super Jewel Boxes. There is one exception. Every Breath You Take: The Classics is a hybrid disc in a digipak. It was a single-inventory release, meaning that the hybrid disc replaced the old CD.

John-Miles

Screenwriter
Thanks for the info guys, I will be returning those discs tonight, i hope i dont ahve to bitch and complain too much.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.