What's new

Absolute cheapest place for dvds online? (1 Viewer)

chris_clem

Second Unit
Hi,

Just as the heading says, where is the absolute cheapest place to buy dvds online? My only criteria aside from the price would be that a) It is brand new and b) I can purchase it right away (no auctions like on ebay). I don't care about how they ship the goods or when they get to me as long as they do and it ends up being cheaper than any place else.

So far I have visited deepdiscountdvd.com and they have real cheap deals plus free shipping! However, due to some really annoying glitch in their site I can't seem to log-on correctly and it is VERY frustrating as I have around 30+ titles on the wishlist but can't proceed to checkout!:angry: Does anyone else have this problem of not being able to update their account on this site?

Thanks,
Chris

Paul Drake

Stunt Coordinator
There is no absolutely cheapest place. You also get what you pay for in some cases.

Permit me to recommend www.dvdpricesearch.com. It's fairly self-explanatory. You enter the title and it presents a list of certain sites and their prices.

Pay close attention to the vendor ratings (and check the vendor forums here as well).

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
I second both of the previous posters.

CH is great for mainstream films if you don't mind waiting a few months after the discs are initially released.

DVD Price Search is good for everything else.

Fredric

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the info. I finally found Frankenheimer's The Iceman Cometh for less than $20 and brand new.

chris_clem

Second Unit
Jack,

Sorry, I never noticed this part of the forum before...It won't happen again:b

I have been checking out previous threads in this part of the forum and it seems I am not alone in noticing the archaic software that deepdiscountdvd.com seems to be using. I suppose just the fact that I couldn't correctly create a proper user account on their site after 10+ tries should have tipped me off (I thought the glitch was just with my cpu but I have since tried several other cpu's with the same result). Still their prices are extremely attractive but hopefully using Paul's suggestion (dvdpricesearch.com) I will be able to get equal or better deals from other etailers for far less hassle!

To those who use columbia house,

When I sign up for their club, will they be sending me unsolicited dvd's that I can "keep or send back" if I want? I ask this because I live in the Philippines but I do have a US residence (where all items will be shipped) as well but, If they will be sending me unsolicited stuff there is a possibility no one will be there to return it! That is a hassle I can't live with. I think they were like that with their old music club but are they a "conventional" "shopping place" now?

Thanks,
Chris

JustinCleveland

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Justin Cleveland
Chris,

At worst, just call up DDD and make your order. They're good about doing that. Just have the item numbers handy, they can take care of it for you zip zip zip!

chris_clem

Second Unit
Justin,

Thanks for the suggestion, but then If I had to call them long distace (I live in the Philippines), just a few minutes would nullify any savings I might have gained!:)

I did email them about the problem though and they offered to place all my personal information themselves but I am quite hesitant to give them my credit card number through an unsecure means such as email! I guess I'll have to see if any other etailer could offer the prices that deep discount offers but with a better interface for their website.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Chris, if you open your CH accts online, pay by CC when they are approved, then order your fulfillments and pay and then close your acct, you won't have to worry about getting "Director's Selections". And this is the most economical way to use CH. You wind up with 8 DVD's for $54.28, or $6.79 each. This is if your US address does not get charged tax, some do, some don't. Visit DVD Talk Forum (the DVD CLubs section), to find out all the nuances of maximizing your accounts at CH.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks