What's new

about to pull the trigger on my "hot rod"Rava clone ...final opinions (1 Viewer)

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Well ,I 'm gonna order the stuff tomorrow,it will be the Rava type encloser,about 2.8cubit feet,3/4 MDF, running a Rythmik 350 amp, and a Stryke AV12.I am hoping this combo will come close to 100db at around mid 20's htz.Will this be possible with this combo??It will be in a (approx)
14by10 room.

Thanks
Greg

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Nice selection of goodies and little work required to put together a finished sub.

With room gain and the adjustable SS & boost, without running numbers, my guess would be very close to that. The small/tiny room will certainly help thr free gain especialy if it's closed off.

Someone else may run everything for you and get you the estimated spl and freq response. I'm just Lazy today....:D

You getting the Black or Oak cabinet?

Good Luck
Geoff

Edit:
I assume your buying the MCM cabinet...?

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Jeffrey

I think he's ordering the copy cat 12" Rava encloser. 3/4" MDF and has the 2" raised base also, from MCM I belive.
It was priced complete/together for 90.80 + shipping in Black or Oak veneer. Heck of a deal I'd say. 17-3/4 all measurments H W D including base, rounded corners. Cut out for the driver 11-1/16 and a pocket hole in the back for a terminal cup.

It has NO center brace though, and I would definitly add something their if I was building it. A cross brace of some sort at least. Damn nice cabinet for the money....

Geoff

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
I don't think it's that great of a deal since it's not made of MDF. But, it you're willing to add some bracing it might not be a bad deal.

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
MCM part # 80-430

Brian it states 3/4" MDF....

No mention of standard plywood or partical board period.

Also someone posted a while back that it is the same cabinet the Rava uses except for Adires additional internal bracing mod.

They used to have a pic up of it. I just went back over to check it out because of your post, no pic, at least I could not find it, BUT the descripton state clearly 3/4 MDF....

Geoff

Greg Kolinski

Second Unit
Thanks for the input guys:D ,I'm going to go with the oak.As far as internal bracing,I've seen a couple of types,would just running some "bars" on the sides work?? Ive seen some DIY's with this type,or do I need to build the internal kind with the holes ect that runs in the middle of the box??

Geoff L

Screenwriter
Real Name
Geoff
Greg

I would definitly add some type of bracing to the encloser if it is bracless as has been said.

Even something as simple as a couple 2x4's vertical and horizontal (pressure fit) "glued" to the sides along with top to bottom "glued", then glue and screw together where ever they cross. You can bore 1" holes in the 2x4 here and their prior to installing and then add your fill before the driver and amp install... Also make sure it's sealed very well.

Any bracing is better than no bracing. Allot of pressure and vibration is created inside that their box you know, and the more solid the better.

Cheers
Geoff

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks