What's new

About to DIM cable, wanting to double check what I got (1 Viewer)

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I'm looking to first just do audio and digital interconnects.

After researching I've decided the Belden 1694A seems like a good choice. My shortest runs will be maybe 1.5' and up to 2m or so.

At the moment I'm thinking about the canare RCAP-C53 for the crimp on ends.

My die is either going to be a Paladin 2045 or a Paladin 2449, or ideal 30-578 or 30-570 depends on what is the easiest to find.

The questions are these:
1) Anyone have problems with or recommendations on the die set?

2) Should I spend the cash on the canare 5-1 stripper? I'm leaning toward it with all the coax I strip.

3) A friend suggested using hot glue around the cable/end under the shrinkwrap for stability. Anyone have any ideas if this is a good/bad idea?

4) Are there any other choices besides the canare RCA-C53's? Maybe something good from PartsExpress?

5) I've heard the Ideal Crimpmaster and the Paladin 1300 crimper can use the same diesets is this true?

6) I need recommendations on component video cable. I've seen the Canare V-C series cable talked about. I think that will carry the canare price tag and may be too $$$, but 3 cables for one might be cost effective...

Thanks!

David A. Frattaroli

Stunt Coordinator
I have the Canare crimper and stripper and can say they are worth their weight in gold. I know some will challenge you to justify the cost but I don't think you should have to. They work great. I've used mine to make many cables.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I've really been thinking about the canare stripper, it sounds like worth the weight in gold.

Anyone know of other crimp on connectors?
Any other answers to my other questions?

RonM

Grip
Jeff,
If you just need a short run of Canare V3-5CFB and don't want to buy the minimum order length I've got some extra cable...send me a PM if your interested.

If your doing alot of cuts the canare stripper is a must

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
I bit the bullet and went with the canare stripper, not cheap! I'll post how I feel after I use it on the cable I bouth. That should be a week or so.

I'm having some surgery tomrrow, maybe the cable will arrive while I'm ordered to stay away from work. Can't work... doctor's orders! =)

Ron I sent a PM a few days ago and followed up with an email minutes ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks