What's new

About The Babylon 5 Sets (1 Viewer)

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
Wow, that is an amazing deal! :eek: And there I was contemplating whether to finally complete my B5 collection during the DDD 20% off sale (I have S1-4, need S5 and the movie box) but finally decided to hold off. Looks like that was a good call, then... :D On the other hand, I spent soooo much during the DDD sale that I'm perilously broke right now... :frowning:

Marc_Sulinski

Supporting Actor

I have not seen any Babylon 5 yet (the season sets are on the way), and I have not heard of The Rangers until now. It seems like it is a pilot to a show that went nowhere. Can anyone tell me when, during the regular season sets, am I supposed to watch this, or do I wait until the end? Thanks.

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well looks like Columbia House is my only option for these sets as I don't have a credit card :frowning: I have season 2 now and season 1 and 3 are on the way.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino
Marc:

Yeah, Rangers was a pilot for a possible spin-off for the Sci-Fi Channel. The deal fell apart because SFC wanted to own a piece of the series, and WB didn't want to go that way. The new Battlestar Galactica was an indirect beneficiary of this impasse. SFC saw what an "arc" show like B5 could do in the ratings, even after a number of repeats and they were hot to have one as a Sci-Fi original. When the Rangers deal didn't pan out they were very open to the BG concept, even after Bryan Singer dropped out. Since SFC is owned by Universal, and BG was also a Universal property, they could have their politico-military space epic and still keep the money in house, which was a powerful incentive not to let the concept die.

Chronologically, the TV movies fall as follows:

2257 - The Gathering (about 6 months before season 1)

2258 - S1
2259 - S2
2260 - S3
2261 - S4 (Thirdspace takes place in between "Atonement" and "The Illusion of Truth")
2262 - S5 Episodes 501 through 521 ("Objects at Rest")
2263 River of Souls (about six months after "OaR")
2264 Legend of the Rangers (pilot for possible spin-off)
2266 (December) A Call To Arms
2267 Crusade seaon one (Series would have continued to 2271 or so)
2278 In the Beginning (The framing story is set in 2278, and that is the perspective from which the story is told, even though most of the narrative takes place in the 2240s.)
2281 - S5 522 "Sleeping in Light" The concluding chapter of the saga in which some of the surviving characters meet to reflect on their lives 20 years after the main events of the series.

RogerH:

Amazon.com has a "pay via bank account" option that lets you buy without a credit card. Would be a shame if you missed out on their sale because you weren't aware of that.

Regards,

Joe

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

The best deal I've gotten all year was DDD's Buy 1 Get 1 Free sale on TV sets. They already had the Highlander series sets marked down to $29.99, and with the B1G1 and free shipping I was able to get the entire series for just under $90 - less than one set at full retail when they were first released. :D

Regards,

Joe

RogerH

Supporting Actor
I dunno what kind of deal that would be for Canadian residents though. Like I said I have seasons 1-3 either on the way or have them now. So it'll only be seasons 4-5 + movie set + crusade.

Joseph DeMartino

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joseph DeMartino

They'd be about $35 CDN per set at today's exchange rate, which is still a hell of a lot cheaper than the $69 CDN per season that Amazon.ca is currently charging. I'd have to think that would be worth it.

Regards,

Joe

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Well I finally received season 1 today (was on back-order) and I must say the video is pretty darn good. This is the best this show has looked. I can finally retire my old VHS tapes. Watching the show again reminds me of how great this show is. The G'Kar/Londo scenes are pure gold :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks