ABC's 'THE MIDDLE'

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, May 9, 2012.

1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

I was pretty impressed with tonight's episode. I watch and enjoy all of ABC's Wednesday night comedies, but I think "The Middle" is probably the most consistent of the lot.

2. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

I absolutely adore this show, consistently well done and has a great cast.
    Also like the rest of the Wednesday comedies, except for "The Bitchi in Apartment 23". Comes across as a "2 Broke Girls" wanna be. But "2 Broke Girls " is a by far a much better show.The bitch is truly a bitch, incredibly obnoxious, and it's not funny. Not a lot of humor there.

3. Tony Bensley

Tony Bensley Producer

Anthony
    ************************MESSAGE TO MODS************************

There seems to be something seriously wonky with this Topic's interface, at least from where I'm sitting!

Only 2 out of 34 posts are actually displaying!

This may bear some looking into.

CHEERS! :)

Tony

*************************UPDATE****************************

After posting the above, the post numbers shifted from "#2 of 34" to "#3 of 3"!

Confused? I am!! :P

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Executive Producer

There are definitely a ton of posts that disappeared, Tony. I think something went wonky with this thread when they converted it from Huddler.

At the end of tonight's episode, when Sue didn't care one iota that she didn't get into any sororities, I was struck by what a consistently excellent series this has been, one of the highest batting average comedies on television. Its laugh count isn't the highest, but I'm always invested in the characters and the situations they find themselves in.

The fact that "Modern Family" gets so much love and this gets so little love has always been perplexing to me. The best thing I can come up with is that Emmy voters relate more to the Pritchett-Dunphy-Tucker family because they're much closer socioeconomically to them than they are to the Hecks. Which is skewed, because the country as a whole is much closer socioeconomically to the Hecks than the extended family in "Modern Family."

Paul D G, Malcolm R and Bryan^H like this.
  5. Tommy R

Tommy R Second Unit

Tommy
    I always liked The Middle better than Modern Family. While I like MF, it's first few seasons DID have a high "laugh count", I've grown somewhat weary of it, and find I'm not as anxious to watch every new episode right away. I've watched both shows since they premiered together and I'll keep watching them both till they end, but The Middle is a show I would buy a complete series DVD of and watch over again. It REALLY doesn't get the attention that it deserves.

6. Stan

Stan Producer
    Supporter

Always enjoyed "The Middle". It's just a regular family dealing with life and its problems.

MF I watch occasionally, but so tired of the ridiculous rich people issues. Big, beautiful homes, constantly getting new cars, etc. How about a little reality.