What's new

ABC Prepares to Reboot 'V' (1 Viewer)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
Maybe. Just maybe. A science fiction remake can strike gold twice in a row.

From what I could see in the trailer, they didn't go overboard on the special effects. Hopefully the effects will be isolated only in the areas where they'll be the most needed.

It's funny how it initially looked like a rip-off of Independence Day, which was a rip-off of Arthur C. Clarke's book "Childhood's End".
htf_images_smilies_smile.gif

Richard Travale

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Travale
I just watched that trailer and I think it looks pretty great. Lots of actors that I really dig too...Scott Wolf, Elizabeth Mitchell and especially Morena Baccarin from Firefly.
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

Michael Harris

Screenwriter

I did notice that the ship was not round, like the one on the cover of the Ballantine edition of "Childhood's End" and the ones on "ID4".

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I found it funny that Laura Vandervoort is playing yet another hot blonde alien from outer space. Talk about typecasting!!!

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Good one. I think the trailer made it pretty clear though that some of the visitors were already here as an 'advance group', something they touched on very briefly in the original series, but never really fleshed out. I think that could make for an interesting story. They've refered to this as a "limited series" so I don't know if they have a plan for it to just be 13 eps and over, or what the thought is.

Jeffery_H

Supporting Actor

Hey, as long as she parades around in the least amount of clothing as possible for network TV I'm all for it. She sure looked HOT in those Smallville episodes. I'm just hoping she has a lot of alien-human "curiosity".

Diallo B

Screenwriter
call me underwhelmed with the promo.

i will still watch to see where it goes. and given some of the strengths of certain actors involved i hope that it does well.

also, i think making it a limited series is a good idea. if networks were smart they would do this often instead of dragging stuff out ala heroes or prison break or even the 4400. it still burns my britches that we didn't get to see where the 4400 ended up going.

there are many japanese anime that are 24-26 episode arcs that are engrossing to watch. but they are done at the end.

perhaps some suits of this side of the pacific could take note.

cajunhillbilly

Screenwriter
Real Name
Willard
I recently rewatched the original two miniseries on dvd and plan to watch the series from the 80s on dvd as well. I love older shows. If done well, this may work. Hope it has more success than the new Knight Rider did.

Phil_L

Second Unit
This thread inspired me to whip out the DVD of the original mini-series. Everytime I watch it I become a wide-eyed 6 year old like I was when I saw it for the first time on tv. Can't wait for the reboot!

Matt Pasant

Second Unit

It was hinted at in John's initial speech atop the UN Headquarters in V that they had cures for diseases which we had not discovered yet. It was not until the Final Battle that he was going to "make good" on that.

I guess in retrospect, it would have only made sense for them to cure us of our diseases as it would have only increased the available food supply to draw from.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks