What's new

ABC/People Magazine Greatest film show results (1 Viewer)

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
Anyone see that ABC special last night The Greatest Films of Our Time?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/Best_Film/

Wasn't sure if it was intended to be the greatest films of all time or as they say, "our" time. So many of the top winners in each category are contemporary films.

These kinds of shows seem so silly in a way as it's totally subjective and prone to the taste of the day. The other show that the AFI does seems more proper then one done by ABC news and People Magazine.

The top Science Fiction film was Star Wars! While that is a good choice, I would have thought Kubrick's 2001 should have won that distinction. It wasn't even in the top 5.

On the other hand, the classics weren't totally ignored. The Sound of Music was number one, Grease was number 2 and Singin' In the Rain was number 4.

The greatest film winner was Gone With The Wind.Followed by Wizard of Oz, The Godfather, Casablanca and E.T. The Extraterrestrial.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Star Wars makes sense as the number one Sci Fi, it changed culture in a way no movie has done before or since.

I've never seen "The Sound Of Music". As a kid I decided it sucked and I can't get over my imagined opinion to actually watch it. I also never grew to like "Gone With The Wind", I would of placed "Singing In The Rain" as the number one film period.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
FOREST GUMP THE GREATEST FILM CHARACTER?!?!?! Over James Bond? The Little Tramp? BULLSHIT! This list must of been chosen by "the people", those same ones responsible for all those crap movies about tough guys looking after kids and through the children they discover they have souls.

RUBBISH!

Khai L

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Khai
Originally Posted by Russell G

FOREST GUMP THE GREATEST FILM CHARACTER?!?!?! Over James Bond? The Little Tramp? BULLSHIT! This list must of been chosen by "the people", those same ones responsible for all those crap movies about tough guys looking after kids and through the children they discover they have souls.

RUBBISH!

I agree. I have no idea how Forrest Gump won that category. I love the movie, but there are so many other memorable characters that come to mind:

- Darth Vader (or any of the main cast from SW)

- John McClane

- Neo

- The Terminator or Sarah Conner

- Captain Jack Sparrow

Just my faves, but the list is endless!!!! What about from timeless classics like Norman Bates, Rick Blaine, Maria Von Trapp, Eliza Dolittle, Michael Corleone................???

Forrest Gump. Pppppfffffttttttttt.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NenaSiddall
Recent bookmarks