What's new

ABC Family's 'SAMURAI GIRL' (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
I just finished the first two parts of the six part premiere and it's actually very good, quite a unique angle on the teen drama with a little bit of The Fugitive and Alias mixed in for good measure.

I'm definietly on board with this one for a little while to see where it goes but it's off to a strong start so far. :emoji_thumbsup:

On a sidenote, as a guy who's always had a major thing for asian girls, probably above all others with British women coming in a close second, my heart just went pitter-patter everytime Jamie Chung was onscreen which thankfully is often.
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

This girl is HAWT! And it's not just all about looks with her, either, her character 'Heaven' is sweet and vulnerable in a way where you just want to do anything you can to protect her and she has spunk when it's needed as well.

Worth checking out for something different. :cool:

Jerry Almeida

Second Unit
Real Name
Jerry Almeida
The promos got me interested, so I recorded the first few eps yesterday. I haven't watched it yet, but I will soon. Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Just so you know, Jerry, I did some reading up on it and those first 6 eps are all we're getting for now, ABC Family will look at the ratings and decide wheather or not to bring it back as a weekly series.

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
Caught a glimpse of it yesterday and it has that Xena Warrior Princess feel to it. I have to try to remember to catch it.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Anybody know what the deal was with the missing dialogue for the first 25 minutes or so during the final (for now?) episode yesterday (dunno if the repeat that immediately followed it had the same issue, and/or if it was just limited to the HD broadcast)? I actually had to use something I hardly ever use (when it comes to watching broadcast television)--closed captioning--in order to understand what they were talking about...LOL! :laugh:

Gotta say though...that Stacy Keibler does indeed have legs that go forever (and she's not bad-looking herself, to boot!); her legs were nearly as long as Jamie's (Heaven) height (watch the jogging scene to see what I mean)! In any case, I thought Stacy held her own pretty well as an up-and-coming actress, and while performing some of those stunt scenes.

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson

I had the same issue with episode 5 and apparently it was indeed limited to the HD broadcast as I went to IMDB to see if anyone was talking about it and they were, one person said they had to switch to the SD broadcast and it was fine.

I waited for the repeat at 10 on the HD channel and it was fine that time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks