What's new

ABC broadcast - Star Trek: First Contact (1 Viewer)

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
I had hoped it would have been padded with some extra scenes, as has been done with past Trek films for television. But I was instead disappointed by what they left out--including such classic lines as, "Don't you people in the 24th century ever pee?"

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
also in the beginning they cut when the pointy thing went into the captains eye.

Wayne Bundrick

Senior HTF Member
Of course they left out a lot. A 111 minute film plus commercials won't fit into a two hour timeslot.

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
But I was hoping to maybe get a peek of what we can expect with the eventual DVD re-release--just like we're about to with Wrath of Kahn, which will include scenes only seen in network broadcast.
Michael:
The full-frame was especially irritating during the drunk scene with Troi and Cochrane; Their reactions to them drinking that bad booze was ruined by the P&S, you couldn't quite see all of them.:angry:

John Berggren

Senior HTF Member
So glad I have the DVD instead :).
I would love to see networks start running films in widescreen. It wouldn't matter terribly though since I won't watch anything edited for content or with jarring commercial breaks.
I'm fairly surprised Paramount didn't sweetheart this one over to UPN.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Actually, they don't sweetheart anything to anyone. It's stupid, but I'm sure ABC was willing to pay a lot more. Don't forget, the movie has aired on TV before. Insurrection has also been on TV

And why was a good HTFer watching P&S? SHAME!

Michael*K

Screenwriter
The full-frame was especially irritating during the drunk scene with Troi and Cochrane; Their reactions to them drinking that bad booze was ruined by the P&S, you couldn't quite see all of them.
I noticed that too! :angry: Same problem with Pulp Fiction. When Travolta and Thurman drive up to Jackrabbit Slim's, you only see Thurman in the P&S, while Travolta (who looks completely stoned...priceless) has been excised from the frame.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation821
Recent bookmarks