AA Batteries Charger...

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Martin Fontaine, Aug 25, 2003.

1. Martin Fontaine

Martin Fontaine Supporting Actor

I have 2 questions.

1. About 6 months ago I bought a digital camera with a charger and batteries. The charger came with 1950mAh cells.

Now recently I bought some new ones (For my portable CD Player, but it's the same type) which are 2100mAh. Will my charger be able to charge them fully? I mean, it says in the manual it takes 4h to charge 4 1950's so if I put 2100's in there, will it just take a little longer or will the charger just stop charging at 1950?

2. I know that those 1h Ultra-Fast charger will make batteries wear out quickly while those 15-20h ones will make your batteries last long. But what is the optimal middle ground? I bought 1300's 3 and a half years ago and they are still working fine because I've been charging them in the supplied charger which took 13h to charge 1300's. Recently, I started using my new charger for them and now they don't really last long enough which is why I bought new ones.

So what is the best compromise? I don't want my batteries to be finished after 10 charge cycles but don't want to wait 20h to charge them.