What's new

A week in Atlanta (1 Viewer)

DonRoeber

Screenwriter
I'll be heading to Atlanta for a work next week. My weeknights will be free. Anyone have any suggestions? It appears that the coke museum and the aquarium both close at 5pm, which kinda stinks.

Jason Pancake

Stunt Coordinator
Pick up a copy of "Creative Loafing" as soon as you get in town for a rundown on events and things to do in and around Atlanta.

This is their online version but it doesn't live up to the print version...

Creative Loafing Online

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
Two words:

Magic City ;)

Seriously, I think most of the Atlanta tourist attractions are a rip-off compared to other cities I've visited. Haven't been to the aquarium because of the ticket prices. You might have a better time checking out the local theatre or music scene.

If the Thrashers or Hawks are in town while you're here that might be a better option if you're into sports.

Anthony Moore

Supporting Actor
You can always goto a Braves game. They have a sweet 80' x 80' (approx) HDTV to look at :)

Oh, and ... Go Braves!

Kevin Hewell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Hewell
The Braves won't be in town when he's here.

Too bad he can't go to the Georgia Aquarium. The place is spectacular.

Brook, the price of admission is in line for other aquariums. For example, it's only about a dollar more than Monterey and it's much larger.

Matt Stryker

Screenwriter
Real Name
Matt
if you like to eat, try Fogo de Chao - brazillian steakhouse. Some guys that attended a Cisco class with me a few years back ate there every night they were here.

Any specific region of Atlanta you will be staying near (downtown/Buckhead/airport/etc)? I could recommend you some good resturants and maybe nightspots if you're interested.

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
Totally second Matt's recommendation for Fogo de Chao...awesome.

I was in Atlanta two weeks ago, and couldn't get into the aquarium. The CNN tour is overpriced, but sort of worth checking out, however probably not open at night. Coca Cola museum was a let down...Don't bother with the Underground no matter how good someone tells you it is.

I've spent about 3 months in Atlanta for work over the past 2 years, and found that on weeknights, there isn't much to do other than dine out and hit some bars if you're into that. On the bright side, there are lots of very good restaurants.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I think there's a pair of exhibition Braves-White Sox games at the end of this month (next Friday and Saturday, I think).

The Atlanta Hawks are in town on Wednesday (Indiana) and Friday (New Jersey).

The Atlanta Thrashers are not in town next week.

I love Fogo de Chau's. It'll set you back $65-up (after tip, and if you are a drinker, it'll be more)

Buckhead's okay if you under 30 or so, just a bunch of bars in a concentrated geographic location.

There's Dave and Buster's, but they have 2 locations, both locations are outside of I-285, in the NE and NW side of town.

There's always the Cheetah, might be interesting to watch the Final Four games next Saturday from there...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks