What's new

a thank you to those studios that.... (1 Viewer)

bob kaplan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
bob kaplan
mark their DVD's with the "last memory" function. i usually try to watch a program for its full length. Sometimes that is impossible and the last memomory is a wonderful convience...so to those that use them...thanks a lot!! It is really apprectiated.
bob

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
...don't pander to the uneducated, uninformed open-matte/pan & scan crowd and release their films in their Original Aspect Ratio (OAR). Why is it that Gladiator and The Matrix are two of the most profitable DVD movie titles out and they are 2.40:1 widescreen only? Hmmm...
...put high caliber DTS and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 tracks on their discs from the best digital masters. Hopefully, full bitrate DTS 24 bit/96 kHz and DTS-ES Discrete 6.1 become the norm now that mastering software is getting more efficient.
...put a "why widescreen?" supplement on their discs.
...put the movie on one disc and all the supplements on another for the highest quality video and sound.
:)
Dan
------------------
Stop HDCP and 5C-- Your rights are at risk!
[Edited last by Dan Hitchman on September 02, 2001 at 01:46 PM]

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
....start the friggin MOVIE when you put the disc in, instead of making you hit "Play Movie" from a stupid menu! Strangely Warner, Universal and Anchor Bay were doing their discs this way, but now start with the menu instead- aargh! If I wanted to play with the menu, I'd hit the "MENU" button!
....include the ORIGINAL, un-messed-with soundtrack, even if it's in mono. They can do 5.1 remixes to please those who want all the lights on their receiver to light up, but PLEASE include the original sound mix for those of us who want to hear it the way it's supposed to be, even if we do have 5.1 setups.

Will K

Screenwriter
...(gasp!) release unrated/uncut versions or director's cuts.
...when you hit PLAY, you can go right into the movie without excessive warning screens and annoying trailers.
...don't make their menus maddening and labyrinthine.
------------------
My Scary DVD Collection

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks