What's new

A-Team Season 3 on DVD! (1 Viewer)

wiak

Auditioning
looks like play.com has given us fans some clues! :D

availability: Due for release on 14/11/2005

check play dot com :)

am sure the US release is right around the corner! :)

source: play dot com , ateamshrine dot com

I love it when a DVD plan of Season 3 starts to come together! :D

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Hopefully, that will turn out to be good news for R1 as you speculate. I did a quick check, and Magnum S3 is coming out the same day in R2! Both of the first two seasons of each show were released on the same day in the US, so I'm guessing that's good news for R1. Good spotting.

Update: they have Knight Rider S3 for that date as well!

John H Ross

Screenwriter
I still haven't gotten a copy of Season 2 that plays all the way through without skipping/freezing (and, as an aside, doesn't have at least one scratch on one disc).

Season 3... I'll be thinking twice.

Does anybody own Season 1 and 2 on UK (Region 2) disc? How is the quality? Do they suffer a lot from the NTSC-PAL conversion?

I really want this series and can't believe how much Universal has screwed them up :-(

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
I have to say the same thing, my S2 of Ateam was skewered as well. I won't be buying S3 either. As I went through 3 copies of S2 as well ... once it puased on an episode it wouldn't unfreeze or unpause itself ...

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
My Season 2 set of A-team pauses and pixelates at one point during one episode. But it finally will start going again if you leave it for abit. But i miss like 30 seconds of the episode once it resumes. I didn't bother to return it over that but it is frustrating. I had zero problems with the s1 set probably because they were not double-sided discs.

I also had a problem on a knight rider episode aswell but the second time i played it, it didn't happen. weird!, No problems at all on both of the Magnum sets. I am looking forward to Season 3 of All three shows!!

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
I remember I had to have replacements for both Ateam S2 and Knight Rider S2.

MY replacements Ateam S2 was ok, but bloody bloody hell KR S2 was not.

I too have alaso heard of people having problems with Ateam S2 as well.

Instead I will just wait for either the R2/R4 release.

Its just not worth going through this nightmare

wiak

Auditioning
my boxsets are fine
i have Abit AV8 mb in the pc to ;)

A-Team Season 1
A-Team Season 2
Airwolf Season 1

all Region 1 :)

i bought them from amazon.com :)
btw: it can be the dvd software player you guys use
try WinDVD 7.0 or VLC (videolan.org) :)
and Slysoft AnyDVD :)

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
wiak, why would the software on our 5.1 DVD Entertainment Systems be affected from playing them? It's the boxed sets that are the problem. Oh, and you can't install DVD Software on a HTIB system.

John H Ross

Screenwriter
I'm using a top of the range Denon DVD-2900 player (multi-region). Not crappy PC software (although having said when I tried the problem discs through Power DVD they seemed fine).

It's Universal's cheap production standards that are the problem, not my equipment (which, I think, is proved by the similar experiences of others).

I'm tempted by R2/R4 but they're both PAL format which is NOT how I want to watch US television shows if I can help it.

The whole Universal TV thing absolutely sucks :-(

Mark Talmadge

Senior HTF Member
With me, it's a Magnovox MRD120, HTIB 5.1 Dolby Stereo Surround. The DVD's I've been having problems with have been mostly with the Universal Studios DVD's.:thumbsdown:

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member

Do NOT expect A-Team S3, Knight Rider S3, or Magnum PI S3 to arrive in 2005. Sorry to be a killjoy! :frowning:

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
That's alright, Dave. At the very least, it gives us hope that the shows will go forward another season, even if it isn't until next year.

Jeff Willis

Senior HTF Member
Ditto, Greg. Hope springs eternal :D It seems to me that S3 releases in R2 indicates the same at some time in the future for R1.

wiak

Auditioning
John H Ross, DVD Software Player for the PC is one of the best players you can get ;)
the software that is in the dvd players are low tech ;)

RogerH

Supporting Actor
Damn that sucks... I was hoping for atleast 1 of them :frowning: Hope early next year then.

But is there hope for Airwolf: Season 2?

Carlo S

Stunt Coordinator
John H Ross

Like you I prefer to have it in its original NTSC version. But with the crap quality of these universal R1 DVDs I don't think there is any choice.

THe other alternative is to hope a R3 release of these shows will become available.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks