Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
matt-hough

A Taste of Honey Blu-ray Review

tasteohoneytop-1024x792.jpg

A somber, poignant drama of ordinary lives playing out through an extraordinary film, Tony Richardson’s A Taste of Honey offers a raft of accomplished performances and a rare first look at modern British cinema taking a shift into a new direction.

[review]
Click here to read the original article.

Noel Aguirre

Supporter
Real Name
noel
Just DVR'd and watched this twice in April when it was shown on TCM- definitely will be added to my collection. And so thankful for Criterion to release it as a 4K transfer- can't wait.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
Well, I probably should have phrased that better. It was scanned in 4K, but the disc is, of course, a 1080p transfer.

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Matt,

I noticed in your review that one of the supplements include an interview with Tony Richardson, in which he also makes mention of his upcoming film "Tom Jones". Certainly Mr. Richardson's discussion becomes a good promotional tie-in for "Tom Jones" on BD, were Criterion to release this film as well. With that said, I wonder if you or any of the HTF membership can confirm if "Tom Jones" is, indeed, to become an upcoming BD from Criterion? Not looking to spread rumors, just looking for any known information.

Meanwhile, your review of "A Taste of Honey" has led me towards a greater interest in this film, to which I have not yet seen. And I must say that for a Criterion, the price is very, very good.

Last edited:

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I have no knowledge of an imminent release of Tom Jones by Criterion or anyone else, but I would certainly love to see one.

Reactions: PMF

B-ROLL

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
Matt,

I noticed in your review that one of the supplements include an interview with Tony Richardson, in which he also makes mention of his upcoming film "Tom Jones". Certainly Mr. Richardson's discussion becomes a good promotional tie-in for "Tom Jones" on BD, were Criterion to release this film as well. With that said, I wonder if you or any of the HTF membership can confirm if "Tom Jones" is, indeed, to become an upcoming BD from Criterion? Not looking to spread rumors, just looking for any known information.

Meanwhile, your review of "A Taste of Honey" has led me towards a greater interest in this film, to which I have not yet seen. And I must say that for a Criterion, the price is very, very good.

Reactions: PMF

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
Now that's what I call a brilliant tie-in to this topic, for sure.:thumbs-up-smiley:
With certainty, Criterion will see this one.:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks