A Study in Terror - Region 2

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Richard Stammer, Mar 27, 2005.

1. Richard Stammer

Richard Stammer Stunt Coordinator

Richard
    Big news for Sherlock Holmes' fans of this great 60's Sherlock Holmes/Jack the Ripper movie with John Neville as Sherlock Holmes. Based on a story by Ellery Queen. Much to my surprise it is out in Region 2. Amazom.com UK has it listed, but doesn't indicate if it is widescreen??? EZYDVD in Australia lists it with a differenct cover and as in widescreen??? What gives? Does anybody know? Help!

2. John Hodson

John Hodson Producer

John
    From Roobarbs Forum:

"What a cheap and nasty looking thing it is too-full of dirt, flecks and scrapes...and it's fullscreen.....

Give it a miss folks!"

3. Richard Stammer

Richard
    Thanks for the post John. So am I to assume that the Australian Pal 2 from EZYDVD is superior? Sounds like it. Alo, if there is a Region 4 where is it available amd is it NTSC? I hate convrsion to NTSCand PAL speedup if I canvoid it. Thanks.

Richard

4. Richard Stammer

Richard
    Thanks for the post John. So am I to assume that the Australian Pal 2 from EZYDVD is superior? Sounds like it. Also, if there is a Region 4 where is it available and is it NTSC? I hate conversion to NTSC and PAL speedup if I can avoid them. Thanks.

Richard

5. ArthurMy

ArthurMy Supporting Actor

Just got the Australian DVD of A Study in Terror. It's better than the full frame UK in that it's letterboxed (but not enhanced for widescreen TVs), but the color is Eastman drab, and it's from a print that has several splices. I suppose at some point someone will do a good DVD off the original elements, should they survive somewhere.