What's new

A Study in Terror - Region 2 (1 Viewer)

Richard Stammer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
Big news for Sherlock Holmes' fans of this great 60's Sherlock Holmes/Jack the Ripper movie with John Neville as Sherlock Holmes. Based on a story by Ellery Queen. Much to my surprise it is out in Region 2. Amazom.com UK has it listed, but doesn't indicate if it is widescreen??? EZYDVD in Australia lists it with a differenct cover and as in widescreen??? What gives? Does anybody know? Help!

Richard Stammer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for the post John. So am I to assume that the Australian Pal 2 from EZYDVD is superior? Sounds like it. Alo, if there is a Region 4 where is it available amd is it NTSC? I hate convrsion to NTSCand PAL speedup if I canvoid it. Thanks.

Richard

Richard Stammer

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Richard
Thanks for the post John. So am I to assume that the Australian Pal 2 from EZYDVD is superior? Sounds like it. Also, if there is a Region 4 where is it available and is it NTSC? I hate conversion to NTSC and PAL speedup if I can avoid them. Thanks.

Richard

ArthurMy

Supporting Actor
Just got the Australian DVD of A Study in Terror. It's better than the full frame UK in that it's letterboxed (but not enhanced for widescreen TVs), but the color is Eastman drab, and it's from a print that has several splices. I suppose at some point someone will do a good DVD off the original elements, should they survive somewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks