What's new

A Quick Inquiry on the Superman Box Set... (1 Viewer)

TimCha

Auditioning
Price: My guess is it will be around the same price of the 14 Disc Planet of the Apes Collection, Around $150 retail. ($30/film) plus a ton of extras and I think this is going to be one amazing dvd release as fox knows how to do (Alien Quad, POTA UL COLL, ....) Fox has done some amazing releases..

Jim Barg

Second Unit
Real Name
Jim Barg
You could use last year's WB superhero set as a guideline, too. I bought the eight-disc Batman Anthology set and the double-disc Batman Begins the first day for $75 (the local Best Buy had the cheapest price for BB, and the Target next door had the box-set for $50).

So I'd guess that the cheapest price might well be $100-110 that first day. (Or if Amazon has it at a ridiculously cheaper price, I might jump on that. We'll see.)

I might go for Supergirl, too. But what's out there that wasn't already put out on the Anchor Bay double-disc (might go Ebay hunting, depending on what's on the WB set)? I like what New Wave Entertainment put together for the Batflicks, so we'll at least get some interesting docs in this set. (Hopefully the great docs on the Superman DVD don't get dropped in favor of the new ones...)

Beast

Second Unit
Real Name
Michael Cameron
Plus Superman won't likely come in a giant Superman head. ;)

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott
Thanks for all the info and great dialogue on this topic, guys!

To reiterate some points: yes, this franchise is a product of Warner Brothers (what isnt?), not Fox. And yes, this is surely shaping up to be the set of all sets.

As for the pricing and what this thing is going to be "worth," etc., I agree it is probably going to be MIGHTY heavy-in-the-wallets of collectors like us, and after agreeing with one of the other members who said in one of the replies that he remembers III being "as moronic as ever," no matter HOW good Richard Pryor is, I am going to have to seriously contemplate buying the whole box as opposed to say, getting I and II separately. Sure, I also bought the Batman Motion Picture Anthology set, with the remastered discs and DTS audio tracks even though Batman Forever and Batman Returns sucked, but there is something about Superman III and the Quest for Peace that REALLY REALLY sucks, and Im not sure yet if I'll bite for a massive expensive set like this....

Haden

Supporting Actor
I hope they sell each film as seperate 2-disc SEs as they did with the Batman special editions, because I probably won't even buy Superman 3 at all, and I may get Superman 4 just to see those legendary deleted scenes then resell it on Ebay later (same thing I did with Batman Forever:SE). Plus I already bought the Singer "Look Up in the Sky" doc on 6/20 so I don't need it again in the box set.

I was not aware of a new 2-disc Supergirl being released. Will it have everything the original Anchor Bay SE had? I neglected getting that when it was originally out and I don't really want to pay Ebay prices for it now.

Adam_WM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Adam Moreau
I'll probably buy the big set (although I have no desire for SUPERGIRL, SUPERMAN 3/4). I'll probably pick it up on the release week at a great price, like others.

Adam Scott

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Adam Scott
Oh Good G-d....the thought of rewatching "Nuclear Man" or whatever Luther called him in The Quest For Peace....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway

Adam, Supergirl is not in the 14-dic box set.

Discs 1-3 - Superman: the Movie
Discs 4-6 - Superman II
Discs 7-8 - Superman III
Discs 9-10 - Superman IV
Discs 11-12 - Superman Returns
Disc 13 - Fleischer shorts
Disc 14 - Look up in the Sky doc

Brian L D

Agent
I was hoping that we would also get the super long "international cut" of Superman The Movie. This set feels incomplete without it. Even though most of the added footage is cheesy at best, it would be nice to have.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks