What's new

A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn (1 Viewer)

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Finn said:
LAURA - yes, early next year. No other news yet.
With Laura out, that will make 3 Clifton Webb films Fox will have released on blu ray. I know some of his films have started to come out in the MOD program, and I don't mean to be greedy, but is there any chance Fox would do one its big box sets devoted to him in blu ray. He made all or almost all of his films at Fox, and he had a remarkable range. In the DVD era, it seemed his lighter fair was neglected, especially his Oscar nominated role in Sitting Pretty.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
First off, thanks for responding to everyone's posts, and I'm extremely excited for Hello, Dolly! I also second the calls for All That Jazz, King of Comedy (one of my favorite Scorsese films) and the remaining Rodgers & Hammerstein films.

I miss the Fox Studio Classics line, as it gave me the opportunity to see numerous films I had never seen or, in some cases, heard of, before. I hope some of the titles will make it to Blu-Ray (How Green Was My Valley, Gentleman's Agreement, The Inn of the Sixth Happiness, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, Peyton Place).

Edit: Slipped my mind, but I wouldn't mind a Blu-Ray of Valley of the Dolls.

Real Name
Anthony
Bit of a long-shot but it'd be great to see Ernest Borgnine commemorated with a release of EMPEROR OF THE NORTH.
I'd also get a kick out of seeing both the FLINT movies on BD.
And yet more support for THE KING OF COMEDY and ALL THAT JAZZ.

GMpasqua

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
Originally Posted by Virgoan /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3964543
I second Mr. Siegel's query.
I guess no news means the people at Fox can't saying anything at the moment and an offical announcement might be coming in the next few weeks...

Moe Dickstein

Filmmaker
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
T R Wilkinson
Mr. Finn,
Hopefully this can be discussed - are there any new extras on the upcoming BD releases of Mr. DeVito's Hoffa and War of the Roses?
Thank you!

Nailwraps

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Anthony DiPaola
I have some things (not trying to be bossy, I'm just curious):
-Put into consideration (along with Lucasfilm) The Original Unaltered Theatrical Versions of The Star Wars Saga with previous DVD and Laserdisc bonus material
-Any plans to make an Ice Age 10th Anniversary Collection?
-Will there be any more titles released or re-released through your deal with Anchor Bay (I'd like to reccommend Freaked, Scanners II, and the Star Wars Ewok Adventures)?
-Consider plans to sub-license the Power Rangers films to Shout! Factory
-Speaking of Star Wars, will we see The Phantom Menace 3D Blu and will the saga ever be re-released on DVD again (including the Ewok movies and any SW animated properties you have)?
-Now that Fox has aquired Dreamworks Animation, will there be plans to release films from their library not yet on Blu?
-What company do you like to sub-licnese with better; Shout! Factory or Anchor Bay?
-Any plans for the Pink Panther's 50th Anniversary through MGM (the remaing films on Blu-ray, more DVD releases of the remaing United Artists DePatie-Freleng cartoon library)?

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Wow! Great questions. I'll try to answer what I can, as soon as possible.

Andrew Budgell

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andy Budgell
Thank you, Mr Finn! Your presence here means a lot! I was wondering if there was any chance of a lavish boxed set for "Cleopatra" when it's released on this side of the pond?

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
I'm sorry to be repetetive -- I kind of blew this question the first time around. I am curious about whether Fox will be releasing any of the cult faves from the Corman/Price/Poe series, particularly (FALL OF THE) HOUSE OF USHER, PIT AND THE PENDULUM, TOMB OF LIGEIA and MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH?

I would love to see those Midnite Movies go Blu..for some reason they seem dated to me now. With newer/better technology those movie theoretically could look even better than they do now. MGM did a great job with the transfers. ( Still wish Mr Finn would say something about Hand of Death and SpaceMaster X7 )
:)

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by JoHud /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3964096
Along the same lines, is a blu-ray of The Fly in the works from Fox?
The '58 Vincent Price one? Is that one that many of you would be into?

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by t1g3r5fan /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3964113
Are any of these titles due for a blu-ray release in the near future from Fox:
WILSON
THE FURY
PHANTOM OF THE PARADISE
SILVER STREAK
LIFEBOAT
FANTASTIC VOYAGE
VON RYAN'S EXPRESS
HOW GREEN WAS MY VALLEY
Looking forward to the blu-ray releases of both LAURA and AGONY.
yes to Fantastic Voyage, Von Ryan's Express and How Green was my Valley.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by RobertSiegel /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3964131
Finn, I believe someone earlier mentioned it, but we saw on Amazon foreign sites (U.K. for one) a Rodgers and Hammerstein set for Blu-ray featuring all of their Fox films. I didn't see an answer, can you tell us anything about this?

seriously looking at it.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by dana martin /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3964160
Now for the big question, a few years back the large Fox Box, Cavalcade was released and as far as i know it's the only Best Picture on disc that hasn't got a single release (You have to buy the big box) is there a chance that this will get a standalone release? thank you for you time, we all appreciative that some in the industry do cater to us enthusiast.

That would make for a great Trivial Pursuit question, albeit one that would only be valid for another year....

theonemacduff

Second Unit
Real Name
Jon Paul
Questin for Mr Finn –
Are there any plans to create a line of BR releases analagous to the Fox Studio Classics DVD line? I would sure appreciate such a thing (eg, a BR of In Old Chicago, both versions, or Inn of the Sixth Happiness), and I'm sure many others would too. And apologies in advance if this has already been covered in a Q&A.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by adklz /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/30#post_3964323
There are so many Fox titles I'm interested in it's hard to narrow it down to just a few, but these are the ones that immediately came to mind:
1) Like several others I'm very curious about the Rogers and Hammerstein films and will they be in a box or released individually?
2) When will there be an official N. American release of Cleopatra and will it be the same version already in release or will the color be corrected?
3) All That Jazz
4) The Ghost and Mrs. Muir
The Ghost and Mrs. Muir is on deck.

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by Moe Dickstein /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/60#post_3964726
Mr. Finn,
Hopefully this can be discussed - are there any new extras on the upcoming BD releases of Mr. DeVito's Hoffa and War of the Roses?
Thank you!
yes. He was awesome to work with and is really excited to talk about the transfers. Maybe we can do a chat on HTF with him....

Finn

Insider
Real Name
James Finn
Originally Posted by Andrew Budgell /t/323073/a-question-for-mr-belston-or-mr-finn/60#post_3964835
Thank you, Mr Finn! Your presence here means a lot! I was wondering if there was any chance of a lavish boxed set for "Cleopatra" when it's released on this side of the pond?

yes, of course. we are very excited and honored to work on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks