A question for Mr. Belston or Mr Finn

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by trajan, Aug 16, 2012.

Tags:
  1. Mark Collins

Mark Collins Cinematographer

Mark
    Give the rights to the TV Series Peyton Place to MPI. Time/Life is another. I have nothing else to say except the MOD program is getting a great deal of bad press here and preventing me from buying many movies I would so like to have.

2. Adam_S

Adam_S Producer

Adam_S
    I believe Wilson was restored by the Academy a few years ago for their Great to Be Nominated series. It's never been given a DVD release and would be a great title to release on Bluray, the elements should be in ready-to-use shape if Fox works with the Academy to access their print.
    Wilson was nominated for 10 Academy Awards
    Best Picture
    Best Director
    Best Actor
    Best Original Screenplay
    Best Score
    Best Special Effects
    Best Cinematography
    Best Editing
    Best Art Direction
    Best Sound
    It won the five categories in bold.
    2012 saw the release of Lincoln, like Wilson, and it earned nearly all the same nominations as Wilson, interesting that both are about former presidents, single word titles with just their last names! At the time Alexander Knox was considered a LOCK for the win, much like Daniel Day Lewis is considered a lock for this years win. The industry was shocked when Bing Crosby won instead.
    Wilson is a terrific high prestige bio-pic with lovely technicolor, excellent performances and great editing by Barbara McLean (until recently she held a record number of nominations in editing and would be an interesting subject for a special feature) in the montage convention/election sections of the film.

3. Rob_Ray

Rob_Ray Screenwriter
    Supporter

Rob Ray
    I would love to see WILSON come out on BluRay. By the way, it's being given a rare screening next month on TCM.

4. Noach Kowalski

Noach Kowalski Second Unit

Noach Kowalski
    Fox movies I'd love be released on blu-ray: Nightmare Alley (1947) Where the Sidewalk Ends (1950) Leave Her to Heaven (1945) My Darling Clementine (1946) The Snake Pit (1948) 5 Fingers (1952) The Flight of the Phoenix (1965) The Blue Max (1966) The Incident (1967) Emperor of the North (1973) The Driver (1978) The King of Comedy (1983) I hope you take tese titles into consideration.

5. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Screenwriter

Greg
    Hello Mr. Belston, Any news on the United Artists films MGM/UA distributes through FOX? Will we see any UA catalog titles this year (2013)?

6. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Executive Producer
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    In addition to the Woody Allen films being released this month?

7. GMpasqua

GMpasqua Screenwriter

Greg
    Yes, aside from the "2" Woody Allen films

8. John Doe

John Doe Stunt Coordinator

aki jebivetar
    Actually, Hannah and Her Sisters were produced by Orion not UA. Speaking of UA, Fox will release The Pink Panther Collection on Blu-ray this year., with all Sellers films included, plus cartoons.

9. 4000dvds2many

4000dvds2many Auditioning

As far as FOX goes, I would buy these in a heartbeat: The Michael Shayne films (hopefully including the unreleased ones) Leave Her to Heaven Nightmare Alley BEYOND THE VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (Oh please, please, please!) Hush...Hush, Sweet Charlotte And if UNIVERSAL and PARAMOUNT would EVER give a damn about their classic film fans, two films are WAY overdue on ANY format: THE UNINVITED THE NIGHT WALKER

10. dana martin

dana martin Cinematographer

Dana Martin
    Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn,
    First of all I would like to thank FOX for the vote program currently going on, what a wonderful way to get the classic film enthusiast involved in such great releases. But I did have a few questions that cannot be answered with the titles listed, and some of us on the forum have discussed one certain character, that would be Charlie Chan. I have the DVD collections, and truly the extra work that went into the presentation shows thru. Between the films that FOX has control of along with the MGM controlled is the bulk of the Chan’s
    WB does have control of the remaining Chan films and put out a very decent first set, but has been very quiet about releasing the 7 remaining films.
    My question gentlemen is this, are there any plans to release these in the Blu format, box sets, or one completely awesome set much like the Bond films were, if an agreement with WB could be made to include the films that they have control of, would only add more to this idea.
    Charlie Chan 1929- 1949

11. Lromero1396

Lromero1396 Supporting Actor

Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn, I am immensely grateful for your decision to allow voting for Fox Classics on Blu Ray. I have one question; when can we expect to see a release of Cavalcade on BD? Thanks, Leon

12. Todd J Moore

Todd J Moore Supporting Actor

Todd Moore
    Mr. Belston or Mr. Finn, I am a huge fan of Steve McQueen and specifically THE SAND PEBBLES. While you put out a very fine blu ray of the shortened version a few years ago, I was wondering if there was any chance of the Roadshow version being cleaned up and put to Blu Ray? I have both the blu and the 2 disc DVD of this movie and would love to see the Roadshow version cleaned up. Thank you for taking the time to ponder my question.

13. Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby Screenwriter

Keith Cobby
    Mr Belston or Mr Finn, Considering the excellent picture quality of the Michael Shayne films on DVD, I too would like to see a Blu-ray release (hopefully including all the Lloyd Nolan films). Thank you.

JoHud likes this.
  14. trajan

trajan Screenwriter

Hello Mr Finn - Hope you have time to comment on a few questions. Is AGONY AND THE ECSTASY still on track for a 2014 release? Will you be releasing TODD-AO versions of DOCTOR DOLITTLE and STAR! sometime in the near future? Any chance of getting THE BLUE MAX? Best regards, Larry Bender[Trajan].

ahollis likes this.
  15. classicmovieguy

classicmovieguy Producer

Byron
    "Cavalcade" is slated for release in August, as far as I know.

16. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    I really would like to see Doctro Dolittle. I have the Golden Records album with the song and my kids like to sing along with it. I'm sure that they would dig the movie.

17. JoeDoakes

JoeDoakes Cinematographer
    Supporter

Ray
    I saw on the TVShows form that Fox licensed the obscure cartoon series The Super 6 to TGG on behalf of MGM. Fox has done a great job licensing MGM properties to places like TGG, but how about licensing Fox properties. It would be great if you could get the cartoon series of Journey to the Center of the Earth released that way.

18. trajan

trajan Screenwriter

It has been about a year since I asked about the status of STAR!---AGONY AND ECSTASY--- and DOCTOR DOLITTLE Maybe Mr Finn could give us an update.

19. Stephen PI

Stephen PI Supporting Actor

A big 'thank you' to the restoration team at Fox for giving "Beneath the Twelve-Mile Reef" the attention it deserves. I have just finished watching it and I thought it looked and sounded wonderful.
    I hope one day that the original 4.0 soundtrack will surface (no pun intended) and hopefully will be accompanied by a blu-ray release.

ahollis likes this.
  20. Stephen PI

Stephen PI Supporting Actor

Sorry, this should have gone in the dvd thread.