What's new

A Potential DiCaprio and Spielberg Collaboration (1 Viewer)

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
I hate Leonardo, so I hope it doesn't pan out. Where's the puke smiley when you need it?
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Not to get off topic here but, George, why do you hate Leonardo? Please don't say it's because of 'Titanic'! That's a tired excuse to me. I'm sorry but this just baffles me when someone says that because if you've seen 'What's Eating Gilbert Grape?', 'The Basketball Diaries', and 'This Boys Life' you'll see that the kids a damn fine actor, especially in 'Grape'!
Please, humor me with specifics.
Back on topic, I too hope this comes to fruition, as I think the two of them could make a great film together.
------------------
Warner Bros. is officially dead to me.

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
It also puzzles me when someone says they hate an actor. It is as if they know them personally including their inner thoughts. Oh, well...
I also think that he's a fine actor. I'll add Marvin's Room to the list of films already mentioned.
~Edwin

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
I would also like to know why you "HATE" Mr. DiCaprio George.
I also find it amusing when someone states that they "hate" an actor as though they know them personally to make such an assumption. If you don't like his work, fine. But to HATE him? A bit extreme, doncha' think?
I personally think he is a fine actor as is evidenced by the films John and Edwin mentioned. I too hope this comes to fruition. :)
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
You failed to mention his finest moment.
His director...hailed as a visionary!
His costars...Academy Award nominees and winners
Gene Hackman
Russell Crowe
His genre...an American classic!
Yes, my friends...The Quick and the Dead!
I'm sure GONY will be excellent.
Chuck
wink.gif

P.S. Yes, I actually enjoy The Quick and the Dead! it's a lot of fun, even with Sharon Stone in it.

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Well to be fair, Leo hasn't really done anything worthwhile since Titanic in 1997. This could probably change with Gangs of New York, though.

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
First of all, I don't know DiCaprio personally, so that's not what I meant (as I suspect you all know).
What I meant of course is that I hate watching movies that have him in them.
Please don't say it's because of 'Titanic'!...Please, humor me with specifics.
This is difficult. I've only seen him in Titanic, and so hated it, and his character, that I don't want to see any of the other films you mention. But since I can't use that as a reason, then I don't really have anything to say.
Obviously, all of this is a bit tongue-in-cheek. If there were an Indy 4, and it was a great film in all respects, and Leonardo had a small part, of course I'd watch it. :)
BTW, I really can't say if Titanic is the reason I don't like DiCaprio, or DiCaprio is the reason (at least one of them) that I don't like Titanic. Actually Titanic is a film, not a person, so I guess I can say it. I HATE Titanic.
------------------
13-time NBA world champion Lakers: 1949, 1950, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1972, 1980, 1982, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2000, 2001

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
laugh.gif
Thanks Jason! You just made coffee shoot out of my nose! Ouch!
BTW, I liked The Beach...but I guess I'm in the minority...
Back on topic, I too hope this DiCaprio/Spielberg movie pans out. Sounds promising, to me.

Jude Faelnar

Stunt Coordinator
I for one would like to watch this movie, not because DiCaprio is in it, but because Spielberg is directing it.
cool.gif

JUDE

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
I think DiCaprio is a tremendous actor who people don't take seriously because of his hearthrob (sp?) status. He was excellent in the Man in the Iron Mask - one of my favorites. Why that movie was received poorly boogles my mind.
--
Holadem

Rob M

Grip
I too think DiCaprio is one of the greatest young actors, if not the best, but is lambasted because he is adored by young girls.
I don't think a director like Martin Scorsese would have casted him otherwise.
Hope he and Spielberg will work together.

Holadem

Senior HTF Member
Sean,
I posted something very similar to your post but for some reason its gone.
DiCaprio was amazing in The Man in the Iron Mask - a fav of mine.
--
Holadem

Edwin Pereyra

Senior HTF Member
RE: Man In The Iron Mask:
Why that movie was received poorly boogles my mind.
I always make that argument whenever someone from the anti-Titanic camp says, "Titanic only did well because of the teen-age girls who went back just to see DiCaprio". Oh yeah? If so where were they for Mask, which was released only weeks while Titanic was still at #1?
Still, a $57M domestic take isn't bad.
~Edwin

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Edwin
I've always been amused by that "theory" too. It's a poor defense and makes little sense, if any.
IMO, Mr. DiCaprio will win an Oscar someday. He is that good an actor.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks