What's new

A Plea To 20th Century Fox on Planet of the Apes (1 Viewer)

DaveX

Agent
Please, Fox, release all of the endings on the Planet of the Apes DVD. I'm sure many others (actually who wouldn't want this?) would like this on DVD. Please hear us, and keep doing a great job on the DVD's. Show us that the new film can highly overdo the old film (with, of course, the extra endings and added features, plus the already amazing film).
A rerelease for the old Planet of the Apes would be spectacular too!

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen the new POTA yet, so don't spoil anything for me okay? Just "Yes" or "No": Are there mulitple endings available for this film, as you imply? Like "Clue"?

Dan Huey

Agent
Sorry, but there is only one ending. When asked about multiple endings, Burton claimed it was just a bogus rumor.

DaveX

Agent
Sorry about saying "30th Century Fox". A little typo there.
As to there being multiple endings, countless, reliable film sites (such as ign.filmforce.com and more) reported that Burton had gone back weeks before POTA was going to be released to shoot (a) new ending(s).
This news was on most news sites, some not even primarily film sites. Did anyone else see it?

Deane Johnson

Supporting Actor
And I thought you were making an implication that it would be named 30th Century Fox before we saw an anamorphic transfer of the set. :)
Deane

rhett

Supporting Actor
I think the old POTA could really benefit from a new rerelease, with improved audio and video, and some really killer supplements! Releasing this coinsiding with the new film when it comes on DVD is a no brainer! Please Fox!
------------------
"Why don't we just wait here for a while...see what happens."

DaveX

Agent
A lot of the time, studio executives are not allowed to divulge all the information. Sometimes they don't want to too.
I would trust countless reliable sites over an exec. I wouldn't be surpsied if a news site like CNN or a magazine like "Entertainment" reported this also.

Jaxon's Dad

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Doug
quote: "But he's not just a studio exec, he's the Director!"
Yeah but Star Wars Director George Lucas claimed that Greedo was always supposed to shoot first...
------------------
~Marriage is great but she keeps leaving the toilet seat down...~

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sharel
Recent bookmarks