What's new

A Nightmare on Elm Street Collection - Best Buy Exclusive (1 Viewer)

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Where is the idea that this set is bad coming from? From what I've seen (once again, I've only seen the first three movies via the previous releases which are identical to what's in this set) and from the reviews that I've read, this set is fairly solid. They're not spectacular and like everything else in the world, they could be better but I've seen nothing that rates the set as bad.

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
Originally Posted by TravisR /t/324455/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-collection-best-buy-exclusive#post_3989920
Where is the idea that this set is bad coming from? From what I've seen (once again, I've only seen the first three movies via the previous releases which are identical to what's in this set) and from the reviews that I've read, this set is fairly solid. They're not spectacular and like everything else in the world, they could be better but I've seen nothing that rates the set as bad.

Exactly right Travis. I've had this set for nearly a year (bought it in Australia upon release), and have watched all its content. As said above, it's not exactly Prometheus 3D in terms of a/v quality, but for a budget release of some fairly low-budget 80's/90's sequels, it's perfectly fine. It's certainly not similar to upscaled DVD quality - the films are clearly proper HD transfers, and are easily the best home release they've ever had. Buy with confidence!

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell
Originally Posted by Will*B /t/324455/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-collection-best-buy-exclusive#post_3989931

Exactly right Travis. I've had this set for nearly a year (bought it in Australia upon release), and have watched all its content. As said above, it's not exactly Prometheus 3D in terms of a/v quality, but for a budget release of some fairly low-budget 80's/90's sequels, it's perfectly fine. It's certainly not similar to upscaled DVD quality - the films are clearly proper HD transfers, and are easily the best home release they've ever had. Buy with confidence!

Let's face it, it's the curse of the horror franchise. Horror franchise rakes in millions, saves studio, studio spends as little as possible on horror franchise despite this.

I'm still going to wait on an even better price. If it's $50 brand new, it should hit $25-$30 at some point provided it doesn't vanish. I'll risk it. I've held off this long.

DavidDTS

Agent
Real Name
David
Jonathan Perregaux said:
I had a clerk at my local Best Buy check their inventory. They showed 2 on hand, yet they could not be found anywhere in the entire store. Maybe the box set is so bad it doesn't want to be bought.
Like I said, order online as "In-Store Pick-up".....somehow it will miraculously appear for you to purchase. I had same experience as you mentioned so I tried it and it worked. Wasn't worth the effort...

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by Russell G /t/324455/a-nightmare-on-elm-street-collection-best-buy-exclusive#post_3989936

I'm still going to wait on an even better price. If it's $50 brand new, it should hit $25-$30 at some point provided it doesn't vanish. I'll risk it. I've held off this long.

I imagine Best Buy will lose it's exclusivity by next year sometime.

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
It's currently $38 from Amazon UK. Hard to beat that for seven movies. And they look fine.

David Norman

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Bob Cashill said:
It's currently $38 from Amazon UK. Hard to beat that for seven movies. And they look fine.
Pretty goo, but i wish I'd been able to get the $20 price on the set when Deep Discount had one of it goofy sales last year. i suspected it was a listing error since it
was pulled pretty fast (like the $18 Lethal Weapon box I did get), but to DDD credit they honored most of those orders and didn't cancel them

Ryan-G

Supporting Actor
DavidDTS said:
Had the same issue and was looking forward to getting it......I resorted to doing an 'in-store pickup' which worked like a charm..........we're talking an exclusive BB release and the left doesn't know what the right is doing.............that corp. is a sinking ship
I had that experience alot with them last year. Took me twenty minutes to find someone who knew there was a Lord of the Rings BB exclusive edition when I went to preorder, and then when I went to pick it up it took me thirty minutes of explaining to employees that I'd preordered the BB exclusive edition not the regular one before I finally got it.
Star Wars was worse. Went to the store to preorder since the flyer showed a bonus, the first two employees told me there was no preorder for it. The third told me it was "Online only" and she could put an online order in for me, which I declined. Pulled up BB's website when I got home, Star Wars preorder, in-store only.
That was the last time I shopped at BB, I've since moved to Amazon Prime. You'd think BB would at least give them a list of exclusives when the put stuff in the flyers!

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
I was in the same boat - nobody I asked at the store knew about it or could find it, there was nothing under the N section of the horror (despite other Nightmare discs there) and it was only because another customer overheard me asking a clerk about it (and then found me a copy) did I get one. Not exactly on the ball there, Best Buy.
The set - at least of what little I've gotten through - is pretty good stuff. My only complaint is that while all the other movies had trailers included - the very first one did not. The hell! The original NoES trailer was awesomesauce! Its a shame that it didn't make the cut.

Tony J Case

Senior HTF Member
Well, three down as of last night. Holy moley, I never noticed how amazingly overt the gay themes was in part two. That thing was queer to the max! And damn, I only vaguely remember the series from syndication - but Freddy's Nightmares really, really stinks - like a poorly acted, badly written low-rent Twilight Zone or something. Was the whole series crap or were we unlucky and got two really lousy episodes?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks