What's new

A New Tv-12 Driver From Svs!? (1 Viewer)

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
Quote from tom v at another forum:
"Hi all,

here is a good shot comparing the older Ultra driver(left) to a newer(although not the newest) version(right).

Is there an even newer and maybe more powerful beast of a 12"driver coming from SVS?
Anybody heard anything?

Ron Stimpson

Stunt Coordinator
Gig,

We departed totally from our original "TV-12" woofer design some time ago when we told TC Sounds to essentially start with a clean sheet of paper and include every performance enhancement (damn the cost) he'd ever come up with but couldn't sell to other OEMs due to the cost. The reason for this was simple, the then new "Plus" woofer (also built at TC-Sounds but a totally different design) was just a whisker behind in clean and deep bass capabilities.

Hence the "New" TV-12 which has been in production well over a year. Since then there have certainly been incremental improvements to the TV-12(which we'll keep secret I'm afraid) that only the most obsessive R/D Chiefs (like ours) would care about, much less try to market (that would be my job). However the same is true of ALL our woofers. The Plus and ISD woofers are being improved all the time. Not to the degree that it warrants wholly new model designations but enough to keep them ahead of any competition at their respective price points.

So, there is no "New" new TV-12 but that doesn't mean SVS R/D isn't always looking for ways to extract just a bit more accuracy, deeper bass and better efficiency and durability.

After all we know what Henry Ford (so it's said) stated when asked (richer than nearly anyone on the world at the time) "Henry, how much IS enough???"

To which (I like to repeat, so I hope it's true ;^) 'ol Henry said ...

"Just a bit more".

Ron

Edward J M

Senior HTF Member
One TV-12 improvement Tom V did publicly discuss over at AVS was something to the effect of a new 10 layer VC design that has "absurd" thermal power handling characteristics and has absorbed upwards of a few kilowatts of power for 8-10 seconds. That's all I've heard/read about the TV-12.

Regards,

Ed

Joseph_ P

Stunt Coordinator
thank you Ron, for the quick response!
As usual SVS customer service is incredible even if it is
only an answer to a post on a forum.
YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!!!!!!! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks