What's new

A new RP-62 for $80.00?? (1 Viewer)

Al.J

Auditioning
what up,

A friend of mine as a brand new Panasonic RP-62 still in unopened box that he bought about a year and a half ago. He said he would sell it to me for $80.00, however I have read mixed reviews about the old RP line-up reliability. I am currently using a Conia DVD8506B which I purchased at the local supermarket for like $50.00 so I was looking to upgrade and I thought this Panasonic would be a good deal. Any thoughts?? Thanks.

--Al.J

Clark F

Agent
I have only had my RP62 since February. I got it free with a KP-46WT500 purchase. It has worked flawlessly so far and the picture is quite good.
The only complaints I have is there is no burn in protection (screen saver) and it is pretty noisy when it seeks to a different part of the disk.
Talk him down to $60 and go for it :D

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Best Buy has the RP62 for $99, so $80 is a pretty good deal, especially since some of the newer RP62's have had the Faroujda chipset replaced w/ the new Panasonic all-in-one chipset found in the S31 and S35. I would take it, you're not going to find a Faroujda based DVD player anywhere cheaper.

Users who are viewing this thread