What's new

A new homecinema is being built. 1004 pictures (1 Viewer)

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Parker Clack:

Hehe thats my friend thats was going in glassfiber hell and needed all help that we could give ;)

So we wraped him up like christmaspresent hehe :D

We build a room in a room and filled one of the side walls with glassfiber and ofcourse find out that we forgot to to a thing before so we sent in the cammondos mrKing him self as he likes to call him self :b

The walls is about 30cm and ad fiberglass and lots of plastic thats not breathing then you get one sweaty dude with alot of red dots thats not showing as well in this picture :

:D

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
That is going to be some theatre when you're done, Johan!! Nice work. I just have 2 questions:

1) What are you going to use for speakers/components

and 2) How does a double stack work? I've never heard of it!

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Hi Owen!

Thanks ;)

About your Q:

1: Im gonna use Audes speakers Blues and Grand sentral as center and 4 bookshelf speakers for surround and EX/ES channels.
I do miss mine B&W Nautilus 802 that I sold to all this.
I also had the B&W Na-HTM-1 center speaker before and both 803 s and 804 rs but what to do :D

2: Double stack means that you use two PJ to project the same picture over each other so you get more punch in the picture.

The real problem with crt is that you dont get the lightoutput that you need if you go bigger then 100inch screen.
Now, I know that a lot of "videophiles" dont recomend to use so big screen that we gonna use but I can live with a really good picture and go big.
Ofcourse the picture will be better if we choosed a smaller screen.

We do want the cinema feeling so its the only way
:D :D

I miss these babys baaaad :

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Another picture after the HTM-1 was sold:

Its hard to downgrade your system, specialy when it took such time to get it =/

(sorry about the spelling :D )

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Today we did some work on the stage with the carpet, we also put some paint on it to protect it if someone was to drop their coke or something.

We tried the steeldoor aswell and lucky us it fitted :)

The candycorner was rebuilt and shortend to get the lobby alittle bigger.

Played around with the firedoor to see where its gonna sit lateron when we buy the erst of the material that we need.

The last row of cinema chairs was also put together (7 of them) and the last of the tubes for all the rear speakers was also finished.

Now its 792 pictures..

Regards:

Johan

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Today we laid the last bit of carpet and did some paint job.

Now total 800 pictures in 40 pages.

The front row isnt in place but we do have some work before that..

:D

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
60 new pic

Total 860 of them and today the door to the cinema was put in place.

Regards/

Johan

ToddJ

Second Unit
If you don't mind me saying so, your "other half" is gorgeous....I really need to go to Sweden someday...especially since I am 100% of Scandinavian descent...

Owen Bartley

Second Unit
Johan, thanks for the updates, you're going pic crazy and I love it!

I saw the B&W's and I was wondering if that was going to be what you used in the theatre. Either way, I'm sure its going to sound (and look) amazing.

Oh, and thanks for the info about the projectors! I hadn't even thought of that before.

Sami Kallio

Screenwriter
Hmmm, have you already tried this? Calibrating one can be a pain, I can only imagine what it would be like with two. You would have to be very precise on the placement of the projectors to make sure it is even possible to calibrate them.

By the pictures (bikes) I'm thinking you're building this in the basement of your höghus. Am I right? If I am then the people in your house are cool... :)

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Owen: Thanks alot it`s allways fun to get some nice answers ;)

No its to bad but I had to sell those speakers for my own project (Started a company called Audio Experice)where Im an agent for some brands in Sweden and sell to stores and so on.

Sami: Thats right, its a pain in the a** to use two but once you know crt its not that hard actually.
That and that I have friends thats very good at it hehe (moore that ) :D

Today, 18 new pictures and we built the walls in to the cinema from the lobby.

Tomorrow its time to paint I think ! :emoji_thumbsup:

Regards/
Johan
Sweden.

Johan

Stunt Coordinator
Its to bad, we have to take down the screen again and remake it because as you se we have lifted it out once to much =(

But then again its not that hard :D

Parker Clack: Hehe thanks man :b

Best regards
Johan

KenA

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ken Appell
I'm curious about the floor system. What was that you put under the carpet? What are the squares made of?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks