What's new

A little fun for March Madness (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I made my picks too. Some were easy (James Brown over Linkin Park) but there were tough choices (my picks bold based on what I would rather listen to at the moment):

CSNY vs. Buffalo Springfield
Allman Brothers vs. White Stripes
R.E.M. vs.[Velvet Underground[/b]
Pearl Jam vs. Grand Funk
Byrds vs. Soundgarden
Doobie Brothers vs. KISS

if everyone had my taste, the eventual top 4 would be:

(Gold) Jefferson Airplane
(Silver) Doors
(bronze) Beach Boys
(4th) The Steve Miller Band

which is surpising because if you gave me a list of 64 bands, it would have come out different.

There are many American bands I like that wouldn't make the cut because they only had one good album, ie., Television and the Modern Lovers but I would have added to the list Love because they had as many good albums as several bands on the list (they had more albums than Buffalo Springfield, Nirvana, and Soundgarden, all of whom I voted for.

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
I voted. Some of those categories were totally obvious like...

The Ramones vs Funk Bros.
Guns N' Roses vs Creed
Metallica vs No Doubt
Nirvana vs Spoonful
James Brown vs Linkin Park

However, I was quite torn on Red Hot Chili Peppers vs Sublime, as I really like both bands a lot. I voted Sublime just because they get stuck in my head more.

Thanks for posting! This is a really nice little competition.

John Alvarez

Screenwriter
I agree some were no brainers to me but I had to really sit down and try and figure out which has really contributed to the music world. I love Linkin park way more than James Brown but had to vote for him due to his contribution to music as a whole.

The first round I believe is over now and the second should begin soon.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
I missed out on the first round but I voted in the second round.

Most of the ones that made it through the first round were one that I would have voted for. There were only 3 that didn't make it that I would have voted for.

Here are the three that I would have voted for:

Bon Jovi over Dave Mathews Band
Live over Grateful Dead
Prince & the Revolution over Steve Miller Band

SarahG

Second Unit
I would agree with actually all of those pics so far. It's going to get tight in the next round.

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Ok I voted. (It's getting harder, I see Jefferson Airplane and Steve Miller are out).

My final four would now be:

1. Beach Boys
2. Doors
3. CSNY
4. Springsteen

based on number of songs/lps I like.

Robert Powers

Stunt Coordinator
The finals are set now. I was suprised that one of the bands made it to the finals although they are still a great band. You can vote now for your favorite of the two. I voted for the "Eagles" since they are my favorite band anyway. I have hoped that they would win since this thing started.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks