What's new

A.I. Release on 12/18/01? (1 Viewer)

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
This is a hard street date. I have no details on specs yet, but this is confirmed. More later...
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Peter McM

Screenwriter
Real Name
Peter
Last I heard, courtesy of The Digital Bits, was 1/29/02. Supposedly the plan is to give it another push in theaters in December for the sake of Oscar awareness.
------------------
"For Montagar, forever!"

Sam E. Torres

Second Unit
i hope they release it in december. as much as i love this film, and as much as i would want it to win a few statuettes this year, i don't think it has a chance. dreamworks should realize this now, before they spend millions of dollars on a new campaign.
------------------
signature.jpg

[email protected]

Gavin_L

Second Unit
interesting news, would be cool if it was true.
i've been hearing a street date of 1/29/02 like some of you too, supposely this will be a 2 disc dvd with tons of great stuff.

Mark Palermo

Second Unit
AI has no chance of being a big Oscar contender. It is not well-liked, and is much too smart and difficult of a film to appeal to the Academy.
Mark

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Ugh. I'll be going bankrupt this December. Hedwig and the Angry Inch, Jurassic Park III, Moulin Rouge, Rush Hour 2, and Sleepless are already must buys for 12/11 and 12/18, and now A.I.? Someone stop the madness! :)
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AOL IM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Any truth to the rumor that the scenes showing the partially-collapsed World Trade center buildings are being deleted?

Nate Anderson

Screenwriter
They better not...but I guess in the context of this film, it would make for better continuity or something. We could've always rebuilt them...as they are planning to do.
------------------
"This is not a drill. This is the apocolypse!"

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Matt
Confirmed by who? What are your sources? Last I heard, Dreamworks was focusing on Shrek this holiday season with A.I. coming early next year.
I suggest treating this news as a rumor until it is verified.
And I doubt Mr. Spielberg will edit anything out of this masterpiece of a film, although if he does, I can understand why.
------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Well, given Spielberg's tendency to change his films after the fact (CE3K, ET, etc.), it wouldn't surprise me in the least to see AI similarly butchered. This is currently being discussed in another thread, but I thought I'd mention it here anyway. I find the wanton altering of films to be tantamount to revisionist history... Just deplorable. Films are a product of their time, and shouldn't be subject to such tampering. Please, Mr. Spielberg, do NOT do this.
------------------
My collection:
http://www.dvdprofiler.com/mycollect...=Kriegersaurus

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
Tino,
When you become a member of a Congressional Committee, you'll need no training. I'll recomfirm this during the course of this week, but it's also the same source that gave me Rush Hour 2 on 12/11 and Fast and Furious on 1/2. It's also the same source that gave me Titanic back when that was big news - I was one of the 'bits sources for that info way back then. Both of the titles mentioned above have been confirmed before I posted my info. Everyone can be wrong from time to time, so it's possible, but it would be the first for this source. Look at it, though - it would be up against only Scary Movie 2 and two other big titles for holiday money that part of the month as New Releases. As a business person, I can't see banking on slagging-economy January money versus good ol' December gift giving. I'll be gearing my stock for that reality and I can't see a studio not doing the same thing.
So I'll take my source every time. And, again, I'll check with them again this week and add to this post. And if they're wrong, although it would be the first time, I WILL apologize. In the meantime, am I free, Senator Tino?
Matt
------------------
"And I say I'm dead, and I move"....

Anthony_D

Stunt Coordinator
well...that's cool! I didn't get to see it in the theatres...Matt, some people just think they know it all...don't let that get you down!!!!
------------------

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
A two-disc set? Cool! A.I. is a film that demands repeat viewings so I can't wait for the dvd!
------------------
He thought on homeland, the big timber, the air thin and chill all the year long. Tulip poplars so big through the trunk they put you in mind of locomotives set on end. He thought of getting home and building him a cabin on Cold Mountain so high that not a soul but the nighthawks passing across the clouds in autumn could hear his sad cry. Of living a life so quiet he would not need ears. And if Ada would go with him, there might be the hope, so far off in the distance he did not even really see it, that in time his despair might be honed off to a point so fine and thin that it would be nearly the same as vanishing.
-- Charles Frazier, Cold Mountain
[Edited last by SteveGon on September 30, 2001 at 11:14 PM]

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Geez guys simmer down some. Tino is just offering a skeptical view of this situation as I'm sure allot of people on the forum will feel the same way. No reason to go jumping down his throat for providing his opinion.
Anyway, I personally hope it does get the 12/18 date but as many members have mentioned a majority of reports say 1/29. I look forward to hearing any update you may have Matt.

Mitty

Supporting Actor
quote: Matt, some people just think they know it all...don't let that get you down!!!![/quote]
rolleyes.gif

Tino is by no means a "know-it-all." This is, after all, the internet. Enough half truths (read: complete, utter horseshit) have been spread around online to warrant a little skepticism when you're not familiar with the person posting it.
I'm sure Matt understands that.
[Edited last by Mitty on September 30, 2001 at 11:17 PM]

Tino

Taken As Ballast
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Valentino
Yikes!
laugh.gif

Senator Tino:
~Congressional Office Of Know It All's~

At your service
biggrin.gif

------------------
Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus.

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I hope that dreamworks gives this another push to the voters i don't think it has a chance in winning but it deserves a nomination as much as Citizen Kane and 2001 did in their respective years. of interesting note, dreamworks has won the past three best pictures, do they have any other A list film that could be a possible contender other than AI?
Adam

DanL

Stunt Coordinator
I actually saw A.i> for the second time just a few days ago and, frankly, if they do perform some dumb alteration on the movie, it would be a colossal waste of time and money. The Twin Towers can only be seen for literally about 8-10 seconds. During the entire rest of the "flying into manhattan" sequence, you can't see them (or at least, not in reference to any other clear points) It would be a pretty hollow gesture. Besides, the film was made for thinking audiences and a thinking person could pass it off as "oh, they rebuilt the towers later" or something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks