What's new

a-ha (farewell tour) one night in LA (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
One of my very favorite bands so you can bet I will be there. Tried to see them back in the 80's but the concert was canceled, they just were not popular enough, never have been here in the Americas.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/01/30/aha-tour-dates-new-york-los-angeles-farewell-tour/

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Sorry to hear they're breaking up. I was a fan years ago- I have their first 3 albums, but heard little about them after that. I wish they'd do a show in Atlanta.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Just bought my tickets, front row, near the center of the 2nd level. Going to bring my daughter as well, this will be her first live concert.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
In a word, amazing!
Morten's voice hasn't changed in 25 years, he sounded live just like he does on his albums from back in the 80's, my wife and I were floored. Every note, every high and low, just perfect. They were on stage for 2 hours playing non-stop.
Finally, on their last night in the states at the end of a 25 year run my wife and I were treated to one hell of an awesome show. This band was one of our most favorite and we listened to them a lot back in the day, finally seeing them live is something we will never forget. My daughter, 13, loved it. She wants me to load up all my CD's into iTunes for her.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Man, I feel bad for you American a-ha fans. I've managed to see them eight times over the past nine years here in Norway, and I've even skipped a show or two. Still I'm a bit bummed that I couldn't get tickets for their final show in December, but I could at least get into the night before. Will be interesting for sure.

My favorite a-ha experience, though, was the free show (sponsored) they had in Oslo in 2005. An audience estimated to be around 120,000 to 150,000 people showed up, and the band put on the best performance of theirs I have yet to see, playing a mixture of their greatest hits, some tunes they probably hadn't played in decades as well as some then-new songs none of us had ever heard before. Me and my friend got there early so we were almost at the very front of the audience. I'm a pretty tall guy, so all I had to to was turn my head and I'd stare down what was probably the biggest crowd of people in Norwegian history. So it was a pretty awesome experience!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
That's very cool Arild, very cool. We saw them at Club Nokia here in downtown LA. A very small venue that seats about 2,300. The layout at this place is fantastic, we were roughly 120' from the stage on the upper balcony, a fantastic spot. While they never really made it big over here they have always been one of my top favorites along with my wife, so at least we were able to see them once.

I was astounded at how good Morten sounded live, it was like listening to my CDs at reference levels, he was amazing.

Arild

Supporting Actor
Their latest (and last ever) single was released today. It can be heard here (input an e-mail address and hit "send inn" to hear it, fake e-mail addresses will work).

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I like it, thanks Arlid. There last album "Foot of the Mountain" is fantastic. Very well done with some very good songs, a great final for the band.

Arild

Supporting Actor
And now their final video is out, directed (appropriately enough) by Steve Barron, the director of the classic Take on Me video (and a bunch of their other early vids, of which several are referenced in this).

nicoledc109

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicole Dc
Originally Posted by Ron-P

One of my very favorite bands so you can bet I will be there. Tried to see them back in the 80's but the concert was canceled, they just were not popular enough, never have been here in the Americas.

http://www.slicingupeyeballs.com/2010/01/30/aha-tour-dates-new-york-los-angeles-farewell-tour/

Such a very amazing link!

nicoledc109

Auditioning
Real Name
Nicole Dc
Originally Posted by Ron-P

Such a very amazing link!

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Such a cool song and an even cooler video, love the flash-backs. Thanks for posting this Arild!

I can say this will all honesty, Morten Harket sounded live exactly like he does in this video, it was bone chilling, such an amazing live voice. Not but a handful of performers can achieve that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks