A good work for Kino Video...

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by EricSchulz, Jan 3, 2005.

1. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I got a defective Kino DVD for Xmas. No one in town carried the title (surprise!) so I couldn't exchange it here. So I tried emailing Kino.com. I sent the email last night and by 10am this morning I had a letter of apology for getting a defective disc and how to get a replacement disc. Pretty impressive. I will post after I get the replacement to let everyone know how it went.

2. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Glad to hear they treated you well. I know somebody who works for Kino and I understand they try and stay right on top of complaints and make them good without a hassle. I wish the bigger companies thought like that.

3. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

I mailed the defective disc on Jan 5th. I received an email on Monday the 24th that the disc had shipped on Friday (1/21). Got it today (1/26) and it plays perfectly. I emailed them a "thank you" for their speedy assistance. See, it IS possible to get good service these days!

4. EricSchulz

EricSchulz Producer

How's this:

I sent Kino.com a "thank you" email, letting them know I received (and successfully played) the replacement DVD. I also mentioned this forum and posted a link to this thread. Here's the email I got from them today:

THAT is impressive!