What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... The Searchers -- in SD (Some potential bad news See Post #139) (1 Viewer)

blimey

Grip
Real Name
Chaoran Li
Originally Posted by Robert Harris ">[/url]

Stagecoach has been re-transferred from the UCLA restoration, and has undergone further digital cleanup...

RAH[/QUOTE]Sorry for digging up this thread.

But now I'm totally confused. Based on what [url=http://www.dvdbeaver.com/film/DVDReviews22/stagecoach_dvd_review.htm]dvdbeaver screencaptures[/url] I always thought this Warner SE of Stagecoach didn't use the UCLA restored print. How could this washed-out, lack-of-detail transfer be from the UCLA restoration elements? Now since criterion has announced to release Stagecoach on new DVD version and even Blu-ray using UCLA restore print, what's the point of doing it again if the Warner two-disc SE is any hint of the quality of this restoration?

Did Warner really used UCLA restored elements? (I hope not) I would appreciate it if Mr. Robert Harris clarify on his own statement.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation661
Recent bookmarks