What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... Kiss Kiss Bang Bang -- in High Definition (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Shane Black is back with two HiDef releases from Warner.

-- His earlier work via Lethal Weapon, and his latest directorial and screenplay effort, Kiss Kiss Bang Bang.

A fun film with any number of odd plot twists that brings to mind other hard to follow tales such as one of the consummate classics, The Big Sleep.

For some reason, I'm also reminded of The Dark Corner.

Great fun, but what shines is the fantastic High Definition transfer and DVD, which looks like...

film.

Recommended.

RAH

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
Watched this feature for the first time on HD DVD last night. Fun, fun, fun flick with some inspired dialog and nice performances from the principles, especially Robert Downey, Jr. As a fan of 'noir' filmmaking I enjoyed this film's sensibilities a great deal.

This was my first viewing of one of Warner's combo discs and from the perspective of having only viewed non-combo HD DVD titles, I was curious as to how well the video would perform. This title allayed my concerns about that aspect of combo discs with a clean, smooth transfer. Very nice.

- Walter.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Thanks, RAH, for another HD "recommendation"!

This may indeed be my first HD disc.
Would anyone know if Target would have the best price?
Thanks.

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Has anyone seen HD-DVDs in Target retail locations or are you referring to the online store (which is tied to Amazon, although the price hasn't lowered through Target yet)?

Amazon has the best price, followed by Buy.com. Amazon is just extra slow to ship the new WB titles this week.

I have no idea why the markdown at Best Buy is so minor on these combo titles...

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I bought it from Amazon for $26.99 with free 2 day shipping. That price includes that 10% off special after buying 3 HD discs and being a Prime member.

Crawdaddy

BrandonJF

Second Unit
I did the same thing, but it has yet to ship and when their availability finally changed, it changed to "8-10 days". I'm about to just cancel and try Buy.com.

Ed St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
Did some price checking myself, and today, Amazon is the best, although Target had the best price at first.
Thanks, guys, for posting deals, as the forty dollar retail could choke a horse or me! ;-)

Paul_Stachniak

Screenwriter
I love this film and hadn't gotten the DVD yet, so I ordered the DVD/HD Combo version so I can enjoy it in HD later this year. Glad to hear it looks good tho.

Frank@N

Screenwriter
I'm surprised that no one seems to be complaining about the quality of HD-15 transfers (15GB)?

I guess the trick is to use a clean new movie that's around 100 minutes.

I don't own an A1, but if I did, I think I'd want all my discs to be HD-30.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
If you don't own an A1 then how do you know if the quality of the HD-15 transfers need to be complained about?

Crawdaddy

BrandonJF

Second Unit

Yep, that's the trick. And, so far, it's worked since all of the HD-15 releases look fantastic... which is why nobody is complaining about quality.

Mark Zimmer

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, KKBB is another winner in the picture department. Other than a couple isolated cases of ringing it looks great, single layer and all. And it even includes all the extras on both sides!

Eric DiPiazza

Stunt Coordinator
I loved the fact the WB put the extras on both sides this time. That was kind of bothering me with the other combo discs that I had to flip it to watch the special features. I hope that all future combos will be this way.

Oh and the film itself...fantastic. I was only able to catch it one in the theater and have been dying to see it again.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
i just watched this after buying a copy of Ebay for $15.

I LOVED the movie. and I think it looks pretty darn good on HD.
I'm curious to hear the commentary by Downey/Black/Kilmer

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks