What's new

A Few Words About A few words about... Batman Begins (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
So are the movies the same on either set? Same length, same scenes (no extended scenes), etc.

Matt Czyz

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Matt Czyz
By the way, the single disc does contain the theatrical trailer, which is not mentioned on the back of the case.

John Alderson

Supporting Actor
Ugh, I thought WB learned their lesson about "cute" menus back on the first Harry Potter DVD.

Still, can't wait to watch this tomorrow night.

Roger_R

Second Unit
Animated menus is something they should have left out of the DVD standard. And that first Harry Potter DVD was a nightmare. I ended up copying the deleted scenes to my computer and watch them from there because I couldn't figure out the bloody puzzles. :D

I watched Batman Begins once in the local cinema where the projectionist managed to turn the whole thing slightly askew so the bottom left of the picture was outside the screen. Still, I managed to somehow enjoy the movie and I have it on pre-order with the anthology set... There goes my DVD-budget for this month. :)

Dan Hitchman

Senior HTF Member
They put DTS on the IMHO inferior original Batman franchise, but leave it off Batman Begins (which is not a perfect comic book movie, but 10 times better than the last go-around!).

Way to go Warner! Do I smell a double (or triple) dip??

Dan

P.S. I think I'll wait for the Blu-Ray version and hope they don't skimp on the A/V (high resolution lossless or uncompressed audio and full 1920x1080p resolution-or as close as they can come with a 2.35:1 movie--at high bitrates). It is inevitable!

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Folks, as far as I can tell, the movie on both versions is the same. But, that is just based on reading some descriptions of both set, like at Amazon, for example. I can't find a definitive review that addresses this issue. If anyone knows for certain, please let us all know.
Thanks. :D

Dave H

Senior HTF Member

When Warner rarely uses DTS, it only seems to be on older releases for whatever reason.

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul

Twister, yes; Fugitive, no.

Should Warner's announcement of Blu-ray support indeed be imminent, here's hoping that this title makes the leap from being one of Warner's announced first HD DVD titles to being one of the first BDs.

-p

Nick Laslett

Stunt Coordinator
I watched BB on Saturday night on the basis of RAH's recommendation.

I have to agree that it was an excellent film and I'd like to thank RAH for his recommendation, because without it I never would have watched the movie. I saw the two Burton Batman's at the cinema, but since then I have not been bothered by the series.

What was most striking to me about BB, was the englishness of the whole film.

I always hated Robin Hood:Price of Thieves and the fact that a bunch of Yanks had ruined one of our most enduring folktales.

Now with BB, a bunch of Limeys come alone and retell a classic US folktale. I found the englishness very endearing. I wondered if this actually bothered anyone?

Michael Martin

Screenwriter

What do you mean, the "Englishness"? I could tell right away that Wayne Manor was not in American (but bought that it was for the pretense of the movie). I also know that Alfred's role in Bruce Wayne's life is something probably more easily understood by Brits than Americans (irony is that Alfred is essentially Batman's batman!).

But what do you mean by the film's "Englishness"? It didn't strike me as having foreign or particularly British sensibilities.

Jerry R Colvin

Stunt Coordinator
Christopher Nolan, Christian Bale (Wales, close enough), Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, Liam Neeson (Ireland, close enough), Cillian Murphy, Tom Wilkinson, Linus Roache.... any other obvious British participants...?

Richard Kim

Senior HTF Member
Actually, in the Special Features, Christian Bale deliberately speaks with an American accent that he uses in the film.

Mike Wadkins

Supporting Actor
the sound wasn't as i remembered it in the cinema (stearing and foley) but the music blew me away ( and both my subs :) )

Jesse Blacklow

Senior HTF Member
Bale has a history of keeping his accent "in character" during the production of a movie, as well as during interviews, EPKs, and the like. Wierd, but interesting.

DaViD Boulet

Senior HTF Member
struggle...must wait for blu-ray...struggle struggle...must wait...no buy DVD...wait for blu-ray...struggle...struggle....

;)

Paul.S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I feel your pain, David. A friend thought of me and bought the 2-discer with lenticular cover for me after going to several stores in West L.A. and not finding it, so I kinda had an "excuse" for reimbusing him to get this (limited edition) title.

But for 12 Monkeys ("It's only $7.99 used . . ."), Titanic ("What if they take forever [again!] to release a BD? . . ."), Gladiator ("When the f*ck is DreamWorks gonna make a format support announcement?!?") and a few other titles, I'm similarly vexed.

-p

Yumbo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chris Caine
hmmm,

scanned through this last night.

there is EE throughout but very minimal.

sound is loud, with mix tending to be bassy.

score is better by itself.

ps. how many movies feature this 'new' DC Comics logo?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks