What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Wonders of the Arctic -- in 4k UHD Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The companion piece to Shout Factory's The Last Reef is Wonders of the Arctic.

Both hit shelves on September 13th.

With the exception of a single shot, during which I noted some banding, Wonders of the Arctic is another perfectly gorgeous 4k, UHD HDR release from Shout.

With sequences shot both above and below the water line, this "Filmed for IMAX" production shines from both technical, as well as artistic categories. For me, the footage of the Narwhales is along worth the price of admission.

Once again, reference material.

Superlative imagery, and wonderful audio in Dolby Atmos. Music works all channels and surrounds nicely, becoming a part of environment.

Aspect ratio, while noted on packaging as 1.78, was (at least for portions of program) 1.85.

When your kids become tired of princesses, wicked (and occasionally nice) witches, and talking animals, fruits and vegetables, Shout's programming should hit the spot, entertaining while educating. There may even be a few more scientists researching climate change, and for The Last Reef, marine biologists, because of them.

This is terrific programming for kids, and adults alike.

Although I've not viewed it that way, both Arctic, as well as Reef also come with standard issue Blu-ray 3D versions.

Image - 5*

Audio - 5

4k - 5

Pass / Fail - Pass

Highly Recommended

RAH

PMF

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Philip
As if I needed any further inspiration to obtain my dream of having a designated 4K Home Theater;
and then these two IMAX reviews come along.
For those who have, "envy" is the operative word.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks