What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Tudors: Season 2 (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Tudors, being released in its second season in standard definition, is shot in Ireland in HD, and as I recall, goes through post in Canada. More soap opera than history, the elegantly produced show is filled with royal intrigue of the highest order, and can be a wonderful (and beautiful) respite away from the real world, or more serious entertainment.

Half way through Season One I found myself continually thinking that this was a show that could benefit greatly from high definition and the Blu-ray system, and found that it had been released on Blu in the UK, and was available for import. The problem being that while the shows themselves would play in the US region, the additional materials would not.

Season Two continues the drama as well as the slight frustration of being unable to view the super-slick, clean image in the higher resolution. For those who do not yet have the BD bit between their teeth, this new SD will do nicely. For those who do...

The Tudors is a quality entertainment, nicely packaged, and at the right price -- $20 for S1, and $25 for S2.

As an aside, a promotional website has been established at www.whothetudorareyou.com, which after a few responses to some on line questions, gives the user some idea of where they might fit within the Tudor community. Worth a visit.

Recommended in standard definition. Blu-ray would be something nice to offer ASAP.

RAH

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
I've seen the BD version on sale in Canada--don't know if it's an import with unplayable extras, though. Next time I'm in a local store I'll check it out.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Saves me a trip, then. My friend is a fan, so I'll eventually get around to watching them (rental, most likely, unless they are on sale for a lot less than MSRP).

Jace_A

Second Unit
Both seasons have also been released on Blu-Ray in the UK and they're region free. The show is enjoyable enough but whatever you do, don't treat this as history. It's not even close to the real story of the Tudors.

Ted Kontos

Stunt Coordinator
I've had the UK BD box set of both seasons since October (bought it at close to the same price of the 2 US SD sets). All extras are HD and playable on Region "A" BD players. And it's a much nicer set (it's on Sony there and omits the numerous Showtime promos I found obnoxious on the US Season 1 set).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation233
Recent bookmarks