What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Texas Chainsaw Massacre Part 2 -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Scream Factory has stitched together a wonderful cornucopia of extras for their new Blu-ray release of Tobe Hooper's Chainsaw 2, along with a pretty nifty transfer that should please the fans of killer series.

Ten hours of bonus features with five of exclusive content.

The transfer is quite clean, with fine color and densities, and the appearance of a light sheen of grain, and uprezzes nicely to those who are 4k equipped.

The only minor problem that I noted was an instability in certain shots, which seems to point toward production, or duplicating element, and not transfer. I might have gone with a bit of stabilization, but as I'm not familiar with the details of the film, if it was in the original content...

Almost the antithesis of the original horror classic, Part 2 plays for over the top comedy.

Fans will be delighted with the amount of effort that Scream Factory has paid to the second in the franchise.

Image - 4

Audio - 5

4k Up-rez - 4.25

Pass / Fail - Pass

RAH

JoeDoakes

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
The only minor problem that I noted was an instability in certain shots, which seems to point toward production, or duplicating element, and not transfer. I might have gone with a bit of stabilization, but as I'm not familiar with the details of the film, if it was in the original content...
I normally don't question any technical judgment you make Mr. Harris, but I for one have difficulty believing that the production quality on this piece of our cinematic heritage was anything less than optimal.

Oblivion138

Second Unit
Real Name
James O'Blivion
The broad and often juvenile comedy of TCM2 is not my cup of tea. The commentary with Bill Moseley, Caroline Williams, and Tom Savini, however, is a delight. Like watching a cheesy movie with good friends. Good friends who worked on the cheesy movie in question and have a ton of great stories about it.

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Scream Factory has stitched together a wonderful cornucopia of extras...

image.jpeg

Never a huge fan of the movie but I do give it points for trying to do something different rather than rehashing what came before it.

My favorite scene is near the beginning with the cars driving on the bridge - which was shown to be relatively short - but then the scene proceeds as if it's over 10miles long ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks