What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Stunt Man -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Well, the 35th anniversary of this film has (technically) come and gone. If any of the "boutique" labels are likely to pick this up, are there any clues as yet concerning who it would probably be? Criterion (my preferred), Twilight Time, Kino Lorber, Arrow, Olive?

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Tom St Jones said:
Well, the 35th anniversary of this film has (technically) come and gone. If any of the "boutique" labels are likely to pick this up, are there any clues as yet concerning who it would probably be? Criterion (my preferred), Twilight Time, Kino Lorber, Arrow, Olive?

Not sure what you mean here. The Severin blu-ray has been available since 2011 and is still in print and widely available.

Tom St Jones

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Thomas
Worth said:
Not sure what you mean here. The Severin blu-ray has been available since 2011 and is still in print and widely available.

As an earlier poster essentially said, the Bluray Severin put out has been widely condemned as subpar and unrepresentative of how the film should look. RAH also gave it thumbs down. This is a classic film that deserves better. Therefore, I was hoping someone may have info or have at least heard a rumor as to whether Severin intends to bring out a remaster at some point in near future, or perhaps that a different third-party studio (especially Criterion) has hinted at having licensed it for a release of their own eventually.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks