What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Seventh Seal -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

24fpssean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
I have asked them, I've asked Jon Mulvaney himself. No response whatsoever. I asked them before I even started this thread.

Brandon Conway

captveg
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brandon Conway
Originally Posted by 24fpssean

I have asked them, I've asked Jon Mulvaney himself. No response whatsoever. I asked them before I even started this thread.

Well, I just asked on Facebook, so we'll see what happens.

24fpssean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
For some reason, clearly, prints are available with the truncated title. All I was asking for was an explanation, from either Criterion or someone else who might know. Criterion - Jon Mulvaney ignored me though we have had many email exchanges about other titles. Was this a creative decision by Bergman at some point? And why would the title not be re-centered if so?

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Um.... no, you didn't just "ask a question." If you'll recall, you called Criterion's QC person (whomever he/she might be) an idiot. That's hardly civil, and in all honesty, I'd probably ignore you too at that point.

24fpssean

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Sean
Thank, Craig. Since you clearly know everything about my communication with Criterion, perhaps you could be my liaison with Jon Mulvaney. I would never call anyone an idiot unless I had reason to. I had reason with Criterion because I had inquired about the truncated title and received no answer. Since you apparently cast no stones yourself and are as pure and virginal as the driven snow, I suppose you have no experience or reason to call anyone an idiot. Your halo is almost visible to the naked eye, even in your HTF avatar. I will not apologize for my opinion. There, another stone for you to throw.

Craig Beam

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CraB
Originally Posted by 24fpssean

Thank, Craig. Since you clearly know everything about my communication with Criterion, perhaps you could be my liaison with Jon Mulvaney. I would never call anyone an idiot unless I had reason to. I had reason with Criterion because I had inquired about the truncated title and received no answer. Since you apparently cast no stones yourself and are as pure and virginal as the driven snow, I suppose you have no experience or reason to call anyone an idiot. Your halo is almost visible to the naked eye, even in your HTF avatar. I will not apologize for my opinion. There, another stone for you to throw.

No, Sean, I have no insight as to the content of your email to John Mulvaney. I do know that you called Criterion's QC person an idiot, right here in this thread, with virtually no indication that there was a QC problem or an actual mistake made. It was unjustified then, and it's ridiculous that you continue to defend that kind of blind rudeness. Grow up. Nobody's impressed.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
And I think this discussion has run its course.

Everyone here consider yourself warned. If you don't have something constructive to offer on Criterion's Blu-ray release of The Seventh Seal, please don't bother to post in this thread any more.

I have allowed a great deal of latitude with this thread as it has progressed to this point.

I will allow a last word to Brandon on the "det" controversy to report back on what, if anything, Criterion reports on Facebook.

But enough with the attacks on Criterion and on each other. They are unpleasant, untoward and unproductive.

If anyone here feels a need to take things further, PM me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks