A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Rocky Horror Picture Show -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    The Rocky Horror Picture Show is most assuredly the most famous, entertaining and amusing, transsexual musical to hit the silver sheet.

The fact that I saw it in a theater 35 years ago is frightening, but the fact that I've now viewed and heard a Blu-ray disc that out-performs film prints is exactly the opposite.

Fox's latest incarnation of one of their most popular titles is nothing less than amazing on all fronts.

This is a perfect Blu-ray.

Highly Recommended.

RAH

2. cdafunk

cdafunk Auditioning

Hello - I received Rocky for Christmas, and the first time I put it in the PS3 blu-ray, it would never actually get to a menu point, it would act like it was and show the blu ray fed law screen and that would be the last. so I returned it and recieved a replacement disk, that one does that same thing as the first, so I am sure it is not the disk, so I am sure it is the PS3 - has anyone else had any issues? Thanks,

c

3. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    Have you updated your firmware recently? This sounds exactly like a firmware issue.

4. bgart13

bgart13 Screenwriter

Ben
    I have some issues with the RHPS blu-ray too. The extras show up in the upper left-hand corner of my tv, taking up about 1/5 of my screen. I talked to WB and they initially thought it was a flaw in the disc I got. I returned it, got a new one, but the same happens. Ultimately, it's the movie that matters and it works fine in that regard. And my blu-ray player hasn't had any firmware upgrades (at least, that I can find on Sherwood's site).

5. Stephen_J_H

Stephen_J_H All Things Film Junkie
    Supporter

Stephen J. Hill
    You might want to check the Momitsu website, since the Sherwood is a rebadged Momitsu.

6. bgart13

bgart13 Screenwriter

Ben
    They had an update, I recall, that would've wiped out its all-region abilities. So, um, I passed on that one.

7. dendodd

dendodd Stunt Coordinator

I agree with Stepnen_J_H I think you have a firmware issue. Unless you upgrade, you may encounter problems with other new BDs. I received this for Christmas as well and haven't had any problems playing it on my Oppo 83.

8. dendodd

Boy, that's for sure! Brings it home doesn't it? What's even more fightening for me is that I saw the play in London before the film!!

9. cdafunk

cdafunk Auditioning

i have updated the latest on the PS3. -- when you say firmware, how do I know or find that on the web?

10. dendodd

11. cdafunk

cdafunk Auditioning

thank you - that is what I figured, but wanted to make sure. I do have the latest 3.56 update for PS3. I tried that and still no luck, anything else I could do? thanks, C

12. dendodd

Sorry, I do not have enough technical knowledge to help you further. Others may. Do you have a friend who also has a PS3? Try your BD there and see if the problem is produced there as well. You might try contacting Sony if the same problem happens on another PS3.

13. cdafunk

cdafunk Auditioning

Thanks for you help. much appreciated -