What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift -- in HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, from Universal, is a wonderful example of precisely how far film, as a taking medium has come, over the past 110 years.

While it took almost ninety years to go from the original course grain emulsions bonded to a miraculously flexible, yet volatile base to the more moderate grains and more easily accessible speeds in the 1970s and '80s, in the past quarter century Eastman Kodak has proven themselves anew, with the creation of color negative stocks that have extremely high sensitivity, wonderful reproduction abilities, and virtually no visible grain.

This is nothing short of miraculous.

This is what I noted while examining "Tokyo Drift." While this isn't exactly a film that services my individual entertainment needs, its representation of the subject matter as visual eye candy could not have been accomplished without the work that Kodak has put into the creation of its newest emulsions.

Between that fact, and the highly skilled transfer of to the HD-DVD medium by Universal, "Tokyo Drift" should not fail to impress those, who like me, are in continuous awe of our advancing technology.

While I'm not really in a position to rate the film, I am able to rate the disc, which is nothing short of gorgeous.

Score yet another for Universal and HD-DVD.

RAH

jim.vaccaro

Second Unit
While this film holds little interest for me, it's always good to know that quality is up to par for new releases. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks