What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Bishop's Wife -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Three cheers to all the reviewers and film lovers who discovered the issues.

Three cheers for all the HTF members who followed-up and posted contact information in this thread.

But the biggest three cheers for Warner Brothers (and Sherri Bogard, in particular) for one of the most spectacular instances of old-style customer service I have seen in a very, very long time--acknowledgement of the error and a quick & easy method of correcting the error--with the company taking a big hit on the cost of making things right.

I sent my address to Sherri at WB on 12-23 and received the following in my mailbox on 12-26. Phenomenal.

WB 1.jpg

WB 4.jpg

WB 3.JPG

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Monday, December 30, 2013 Service Area Time 20 Delivery attempted; recipient not home BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA 13:11
19 With delivery courier BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA
10:38

I was here, too. Turns out they don't give their couriers cell phones. Who knew? I'll go downtown tomorrow and pick it up. Thanks to all of you, I already know everything that I might possibly have discovered if I'd received the disc when I should have. Happy New Year!

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
davidmatychuk said:
Monday, December 30, 2013 Service Area Time 20 Delivery attempted; recipient not home BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA 13:11

19 With delivery courier BRITISH COLUMBIA, BC - CANADA
10:38

I was here, too. Turns out they don't give their couriers cell phones. Who knew? I'll go downtown tomorrow and pick it up. Thanks to all of you, I already know everything that I might possibly have discovered if I'd received the disc when I should have. Happy New Year!
After that many failed delivery attempts, I'm guessing Warner has the incorrect address.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Mike Frezon said:
Three cheers to all the reviewers and film lovers who discovered the issues.

Three cheers for all the HTF members who followed-up and posted contact information in this thread.

But the biggest three cheers for Warner Brothers (and Sherri Bogard, in particular) for one of the most spectacular instances of old-style customer service I have seen in a very, very long time--acknowledgement of the error and a quick & easy method of correcting the error--with the company taking a big hit on the cost of making things right.

I sent my address to Sherri at WB on 12-23 and received the following in my mailbox on 12-26. Phenomenal.

attachicon.gif
WB 1.jpg
attachicon.gif
WB 4.jpg
attachicon.gif
WB 3.JPG
I received my replacement disc from Ms. Bogard last Friday. Many thanks to Warner for their consideration in this matter. Now, I just have to find time to watch this BD.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I got my replacement too. Sent on 12/24, but languished at my PO until yesterday (along with an Elvis Christmas cd that should've been delivered before I left) due to me being out of town.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
I picked up my replacement disc at the courier's office today. Huzzah! And as everyone knows by now, glitch fixed, end credits same. In case anyone still wanted the numbers from the respective discs, here are all of them:

Original disc: BVSS 561690AJ
Replacement disc: (516976) 7000057388 2 018 030001

Those numbers are tiny!

atfree

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex
Not sure what's up.....I sent Ms. Bogard an email with a request for replacement disc and my address when I first saw the post with her contact info. No response, and no replacement disc received. I followed-up with another email Monday, again no response and as yet no replacement disc received. Hopefully, its just the holidays that have delayed my disc....but as of right now I can't agree with the sterling marks given to Ms. Bogard and the replacement disc program.

ScottHM

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Scott
atfree said:
Not sure what's up.....I sent Ms. Bogard an email with a request for replacement disc and my address when I first saw the post with her contact info. No response, and no replacement disc received. I followed-up with another email Monday, again no response and as yet no replacement disc received. Hopefully, its just the holidays that have delayed my disc....but as of right now I can't agree with the sterling marks given to Ms. Bogard and the replacement disc program.
My experience is similar. I emailed on 12/21 and again on 12/29 and have received no acknowledgement of any kind to this point.
---------------

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I think it's quite likely that she's been gone. The studios tend to shut down during the holidays. I suspect you'll hear something next week.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
I think it's quite likely that she's been gone. The studios tend to shut down during the holidays. I suspect you'll hear something next week.
I hope so, but up above, Mike indicates his business was conducted between 12/23 and 12/26.Besides, Rob, I think you have an IT background, so even if the main buldings are closed, every executive or staffer worth his or her salt has a mobile device capable of receiving corporate email, right? At my work, we've been slowly rolling out "RDP" (Remote Desktop Protocol), allowing users to connect to (and control) the computer on their desktop from home.

Rob_Ray

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rob Ray
I have friends who work for the studios and when they shut down for two weeks and head home for the holidays (this year it's 12/23 through 1/3), they do not check their work emails. You may be right about those at the executive level, but judging by how promptly I and a few others got a response several days ago, I suspect she's just gone for holidays. Any email to a general public email address like "customer service" has probably been read by someone, but an email to one specific person may not be read until that person is back in the office.

You'll get a reply next week.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
It's also possible that there were proper channels to go through in order to get assigned to a customer service rep and it was a mistake to post Ms. Bogard's email address in the forums as if she was personally overseeing every replacement.

Dave B Ferris

Screenwriter
It's also possible that there were proper channels to go through in order to get assigned to a customer service rep and it was a mistake to post ms. Bogard's email address in the forums as if she was personally overseeing every replacement.
True, even as someone who took the (aggressive) step to send Ms. Bogard an email message, I realize you may very well be correct.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
Happy to report that I got my Bishop's Wife replacement disc after e-mailing on December 24. Sherri was also the person who responded to my Easter Parade replacement for the missing Garland documentary. Checking my e-mails she was not the person I sent my Easter Parade request to.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks