What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ The Bishop's Wife -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Jacksmyname

Second Unit
Real Name
Jack Walder
McCructhy said:
I have contacted Warner about the mastering issue, and I have just heard back that they are aware of the issue and will be making corrected discs available. I will update this thread when I hear more.
Thanks Sean. This is a favorite in our house, especially for my wife.
So a question for you or Robert, is it worth upgrading from the DVD?

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
McCructhy said:
I have contacted Warner about the mastering issue, and I have just heard back that they are aware of the issue and will be making corrected discs available. I will update this thread when I hear more.
Fantastic! I'm so glad that the Warner is responding to the issue so quickly, but I'd actually have preferred that the release date be delayed so it could be gotten right the first time.

JoHud

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joe Hudak
In light of this, would it be safer to order direct from WBshop to ensure a properly encoded disc once the replacement discs are out there? I'm thinking going through the extra hassle of a disc replacement might inevitable for a while.

In the mean time, I'll be holding off on this one too.

Kevin EK

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Full Disclosure. My grandfather directed this movie. It was the only time he was ever nominated for an Oscar for Directing.

Naturally, I pre-ordered this and had it by its street date.

Now I'm hearing about corrected discs.

My question is are they correcting the transfer issues, or just the glitch?

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Jacksmyname said:
Thanks Sean. This is a favorite in our house, especially for my wife.
So a question for you or Robert, is it worth upgrading from the DVD?
Yes.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
Now that we're into December, has anyone heard anything about the fixed disc being ready/available?

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
No. And they also need to fix the ending. The screen cuts to black way before the credits are over. There should be a fade out, not an abrupt cut. Other than these two issues, the film looks very good. Way better than the dnr on the dvd version.

Lromero1396

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Leon Romero
moviebuff75 said:
No. And they also need to fix the ending. The screen cuts to black way before the credits are over. There should be a fade out, not an abrupt cut. Other than these two issues, the film looks very good. Way better than the dnr on the dvd version.
This is also a significant issue. I'm surprised it hasn't come to light previously.

moviebuff75

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Scott Richard
I checked my previous dvd version and it has the correct ending. It's a shame that replacements won't be available this holiday season. Hopefully soon though.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
JoHud said:
In light of this, would it be safer to order direct from WBshop to ensure a properly encoded disc once the replacement discs are out there? I'm thinking going through the extra hassle of a disc replacement might inevitable for a while.
I don't think so. I ordered Easter Parade from the WBshop many months after it was discovered that it was missing the Judy Garland documentary and my copy was still missing it. This was also several months after people who ordered from Amazon got corrected discs.
My advice is you are better off ordering from Amazon once corrected discs are known to be available.

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
I posted a question to Warner Bros Entertainment on their FB page, but it's been removed. Or, I can't find it any longer. As such, I've sent a PM to WAC, hoping they can direct me somewhere (I know they can't answer, but they've been helpful before with similar non-WAC questions).

bgart13

Screenwriter
Real Name
Ben
WAC replied, they'll try to get info re: either the WB plans or a contact to find out more.

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Two days ago, the very personable Sherri Bogard returned my e-mail within minutes, and after several quick back-and-forths I am now able to track my replacement disc, which a courier is bringing (I'm in Vancouver). Wow, Merry Christmas, and I don't think Blu-Ray is quite dead yet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
davidmatychuk said:
Two days ago, the very personable Sherri Bogard returned my e-mail within minutes, and after several quick back-and-forths I am now able to track my replacement disc, which a courier is bringing (I'm in Vancouver). Wow, Merry Christmas, and I don't think Blu-Ray is quite dead yet.
What do you have to send her in the email besides your address?

davidmatychuk

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Matychuk
Here's the initial e-mail, which I received 4 minutes after clicking on the link above, and sending a request for a replacement disc:

Hi David:

Just need your address and I’ll get the new disc out to you.

Kind regards,

Sherri

That's the first reply she sent. The next one just asked for my phone number to give the courier "because I reside in Canada". Hooray for Hollywood!
I've actually watched the defective one three times, and not one of the people watching it with me said anything about noticing the flaw (I didn't tell them about it beforehand). I'll still be happy to watch the replacement disc as soon as it comes.

David_B_K

Advanced Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I've been wanting to order this, but have held off because of the defect. I guess. I should just order it and get a replacement after?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks