A Few Words About A few words about...™ Sunset Boulevard -- in Blu-ray

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Oct 22, 2012.

1. Mike Frezon

Mike Frezon Moderator

I was under the impression that Gloria Swanson played the part of a Zombie in this film...

2. JohnMor

JohnMor Producer
    Supporter

John Moreland
    That's really why there were no doorknobs in the house. We all know zombies have trouble working them.

3. compson

compson Agent

Robert
    Yes, Norma Desmond is 50. Ouch!

4. Keith Cobby

Keith Cobby Screenwriter

Keith Cobby
    I watched this for the first time about a month ago and I thought it was a reasonably entertaining, well acted film and I was surprised I hadn't seen it before. But I was a bit underwhelmed by it. This is the strange thing about classic films, sometimes you see them originally and they remain as masterpieces in your mind, and sometimes you watch again after a gap of years or decades and you wonder what it was you liked about them. I think for me I have come too late to this film to appreciate its qualities others are raving about.

5. Lromero1396

Lromero1396 Supporting Actor

Not sure if this is a good place to post this or not, but does anyone know if Roman Holiday is being newly restored and released on BD? I seriously hope that Paramount (or Warner) sees potential in it.

6. GlennF

GlennF Second Unit

Glenn Frost
    Finally bought this as it was a deal on Amazon.ca at $9.99 Always liked the movie, but the transfer is great! I was really impressed with the detail, the clarity, the blacks. Like watching a whole new movie. Hard to believe the quality when you read what Mr. Harris said at the beginning of the thread about the quality of the elements. (Of course, great as the movie is, it is a little hard to watch Gloria Swanson without thinking of the parodies Carol Burnett used to do of Norma Desmond.) If you were on the fence about buying this film, I would certainly recommend it!

Osato likes this.