What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Spartacus: Vengeance -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Spartacus, from Starz, is an interesting series to be sure.

It is also probably the bloodiest thing to ever hit the airwaves.

While we had a storyline in Season One, and even in Season Two, the third season (Vengeance) seems to have jumped the proverbial shark, trying to come up with as many ways as possible to show people being killed on screen. But at a certain point, it just becomes repetitive and boring.

While the show still have startlingly good digital work, and couldn't be done without it, it's becoming more noise and fury.

I may bow out of this one.

A gorgeous Blu-ray, regardless, for those who are still fans of the series. Great imagery and sound. Audio in Dolby True HD.

RAH

Reed Grele

Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Reed Grele
Hopefully, the next season will concentrate a bit more on story (especially since they're at the point now where Rome really has to get off their butts and do something about the slave army.) A bit too much to hope that we'll see the likes of Laughton or Olivier in the cast, or writing of the caliber of a Dalton Trumbo, but it will be interesting to see what develops. I'm still all in.
However, as much as I enjoy this series, I'd trade all for just one more season of ROME.

Claude S

Stunt Coordinator
I thought the first season and it's prequel were excellent and I was expecting the same from season two but I agree with Everything Mr. Harris said about the current season. Visually and sonically, the current season of SPARTACUS is awesome but the story is extremely boring and I find it very difficult to follow because I did not understand what characters were talking about most of the time. I do not expect season three to be better.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks