What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Schindler's List -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
While one might hope, and even presume, that a major Steven Spielberg production would look glorious on Blu-ray, things are not always written.Fortunately, in the case of Universal's Schindler's List, our hopes are justified by one of the most startlingly beautiful Blu-rays of the year.A perfect film from an extraordinary production team, and a superb job by Universal.No more need be said.And before anyone asks, the little girl in the red raincoat is the same girl as seen in Don't Look Now...Image - 5Audio - 5Very Highly Recommended, and could not be recommended more highly!RAH

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
Definitely will be picking this up at some point. I wanted to wait for a price drop, but I have really been in the mood to watch this lately.

lukejosephchung

Screenwriter
Real Name
Luke J. Chung
Universal's Michael Daruty did a truly wonderful job of restoring the lustre of this movie's beautiful, yet stark, cinematography...I have to agree with RAH's unreserved recommendation for what has to be the ne plus ultra of Spielberg's prodigious film catalog!!! :thumbsup:

Will*B

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Will
It's such a shame there aren't any new extras; I would love to see a definitive documentary about the production.

I can understand Spielberg's reasoning, but it's still frustrating that one of the most beautiful examples of filmmaking from the last 30 years isn't documented from a technical level, as well as an emotional one.

Still - it's the film that counts, and I can't wait to finally see it in HD.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Dave H said:
Definitely will be picking this up at some point. I wanted to wait for a price drop, but I have really been in the mood to watch this lately.
I don't wish to argue with, and I certainly respect, your mood at the time, but I don't see how ANYONE could be "in the mood" to watch this film.

battlebeast

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Warren
Will*B said:
It's such a shame there aren't any new extras; I would love to see a definitive documentary about the production.

I can understand Spielberg's reasoning, but it's still frustrating that one of the most beautiful examples of filmmaking from the last 30 years isn't documented from a technical level, as well as an emotional one.

Still - it's the film that counts, and I can't wait to finally see it in HD.
While I would love to see bonus features on this film, too, I understand Spielberg's reasoning behind it... to a point. You can still tell about the production of the film without dishonoring the memory of the people or what happend.

Robin9

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robin
battlebeast said:
I don't wish to argue with, and I certainly respect, your mood at the time, but I don't see how ANYONE could be "in the mood" to watch this film.

I know exactly what you mean but your point can be argued the other way round: this film can only be watched if one is in the appropriate mood. It sure as hell is not a film for casual viewing.

Dr Griffin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zxpndk
No matter how many times I watch movies/shows on this subject, I well-up with anger and outrage, something I do not enjoy by any means. I think I understand the point, that you know what you are in for with this film, and there may be considerations that don't come into play if you are sitting down to watch the average drama.

Scott Merryfield

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Scott Merryfield
battlebeast said:

I think a better way to phrase this would be "in the appropriate frame of mind" to watch the film. I do not wish to speak for anyone, but that is probably what Dave meant when he posted that almost three years ago.

Charles Smith

Extremely Talented Member
Supporter
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Charles Smith
I understand the point being expressed here -- but good lord, I have to be in the right mood to watch ANY movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks