A Few Words About A few words about...™ Ray -- in High Definition

Discussion in 'Blu-ray and UHD' started by Robert Harris, Aug 11, 2006.

1. Robert Harris

Robert Harris Archivist
    Reviewer

Robert Harris
    Universal's HD release of Taylor Hackford's Ray is the latest addition to the studio's line of quality High Definition DVDs.

The transfer stands both visually and sonically with the finest that we've seen in the HD world. Universal has created a brilliant HD-DVD, pulling out all the technological stops.

Ray comes Extremely Highly Recommended as a superb representation of film on the HD video format, and receives a deserved RAH Approved rating for highest quality.

RAH

2. Roger Mathus

Roger Mathus Supporting Actor

Roger Mathus
    This is my #1 HD disc.......great movie and stunning picture quality. I watched it Tuesday evening.

3. Sam Posten

Sam Posten Moderator

Sam Posten
    Still typing up my review but let me say this is the best looking HD DVD I have seen yet!

4. Xavier Roy-Bois

We are only in the beginning era of HD DVD and it seems that every week or so a new hd disc is taking the spot for best HD presentation !

really a new HT format that surprise us with his VERY HIGH QUALITY right on the ball !

5. JediFonger

JediFonger Producer

YiFeng You
    i'd think they learned a lot from SD-DVD to facilitate faster high quality transfers on these new formats. when SD-DVD began they had no reference points except LD.