What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Patton (take two) -- in Blu-Ray (1 Viewer)

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
I bought it too last week for $15 at BB.I was told on another site that Patton is the old version

MarkA

Second Unit
Real Name
Mark Abel
Thanks, I think I'll just put my new Patton into the box set. I also just paid $15 for it.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Happy to see that this is at last being released in the UK on June 3rd (along with The Sand Pebbles), so Mr. Fox, how about The Robe & Young Frankenstein?

rgfinch

Auditioning
Real Name
Russell Finch
We have just this week had Patton released in the UK on blu.

It's the old transfer. A very unnatural, waxy look with no grain visible at all. Someone on another forum contacted Fox UK and was told that the new master of Patton has not been made available for international markets.

This smacks of utter contempt for the customer to me, but if anyone has contacts in Fox in the US and can shed any light on this, I would be very grateful.

Alan Tully

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alan
Billy Batson said:
Happy to see that this is at last being released in the UK on June 3rd (along with The Sand Pebbles), so Mr. Fox, how about The Robe & Young Frankenstein?
Well we got Young Frankenstein released in the UK, & Patton - but the old, house of wax version for some reason. But for all the time & money spent on The Robe, Fox have never released it outside America, & it's region locked! Fox must have lost a lot of international sales there.

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
Robert Crawford said:
It's the one with the American Flag behind him.
DSC01999.JPG

Reactions: PMF

willyTass

Supporting Actor
DISNEY /DIVISA have re-released this in Spain june 2023. They have the remastered Cover per above pictue BUT the disc has the old DNR'd edge enhanced transfer. Go disney

Blu_rayfan66

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Hugh S.
DISNEY /DIVISA have re-released this in Spain june 2023. They have the remastered Cover per above pictue BUT the disc has the old DNR'd edge enhanced transfer. Go disney
Buying blurays in Spain is a nightmare- loads of bootlegs floating about too. No issues with 4K discs in Spain yet tho.

Thanks for heads up on 'Patton'.

willyTass

Supporting Actor
That wasn’t a bootleg in Spain, it was an official Disney release @ Amazon Spain with the Fox logos on the back cover, the bootlegs never acknowledge studio ownership on the back cover. Disney Spain had the hide to use the remastered cover.

by contrast , I watched Sony‘s Spanish release of Bell, Book and Candle last night and it’s identical to the Twilight Time

Last edited:

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
That wasn’t a bootleg in Spain, it was an official Disney release @ Amazon Spain with the Fox logos on the back cover, the bootlegs never acknowledge studio ownership on the back cover.
I can't speak to if that is a legitimate release but having or not having the studio logos means nothing. Bootleggers are already infringing on a company's product by stealing & selling the movie so why would they worry about also putting the company's name on their bootleg?

willyTass

Supporting Actor
I’ve been buying euro discs for years. None of the regular Spanish pirates bother having studio logos on the back cover But if you know of any , feel free to post some examples

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks