What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Men in Black II -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Men in Black II is a terrific looking Blu-ray.

I don't believe more need be said.

Men is Black is also a terrific looking Blu-ray. I presume it's the same as the first Blu-ray release, as it looks the same to me.

The difference ends there, as the first MiB was also a extremely entertaining, and inventive production.

But everyone knows that.

In anticipation of the release of of Men in Black 3 -- (please cue track coming up slowly -- Battle Hymn of the Republic) coming a decade and a half after the first, Sony is re-releasing MiB (without 15th Anniversary logos), and giving us, for the first time, ever -- the second one.

Men in Black 3 arrives at a theater near you in 3D (but most likely too dark to enjoy) on May 25th (music up and over), and the Blu-ray of the second film includes a $10 "movie ticket offer" or a $5 in e-concession cash. The sticker attached to the cover suggests that the reader "see sticker inside for details," whatever that means.

Is there a sticker inside of the case, or should one be attempting to read the inside of the sticker, once peeled from the cover.

All that I found inside was an ad for the Men in Black game, coming for PS3 via Activision on May 22nd.

Actually, this is rather exciting, as I just realized that we have not one, but two Anniversaries to celebrate with these discs.

Warner would put out a five pound box filled with two discs, gummy creatures, and some sort of a flashlight (over 18 only, please) to make you forget the second film.

For the record, Men in Black -- the first, original Men in Black is a beautiful Blu-ray, and is Highly Recommended.

Not the other one.

Music out.

RAH

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
I got but have yet to watch either disc but I like both films and look forward to the third, which I was hoping to see for free with my free movie pass that I didn't get inside the case either. Looks like I'm peeling those labels when I get home! WTF?

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
If it's anything like the label that came on Monty Python and the Holy Grail (another Sony release), you will have to peel the label, as it's one of those ones that folds out when you peel the edge.

FanboyZ

Second Unit
Real Name
Zolly Shoah Ben-Becker
MAKING A SEQUEL TO A COMEDY IS REALLY NOT ADVISED.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
My MIB2 had two stickers. One on the sleeve and the same one on the shrink wrap.
They are ordinary stickers with nothing under neath. I havent opened the bluray yet.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
TonyD said:
My MIB2 had two stickers. One on the sleeve and the same one on the shrink wrap.
They are ordinary stickers with nothing under neath. I havent opened the bluray yet.
Same here. No movie tickets.:(

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Just opened the shrink wrap. There should be a sticker n the wrap on the underside of that and should have the code for either $10 for a ticket or $5 for popcorn.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
If I recall correctly, this is how the first BD of MiB was packaged a few years ago. The ticket code is on the underside of the sticker. It was difficult for me to get off the slipcase without destroying the sticker...but the clear shrinkwrap should change that a lot.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
he Blu-ray of the second film includes a $10 "movie ticket offer" or a $5 in e-concession cash
Am I understanding this promo right? You can either get a $10 ticket or a $5 concession credit. Assuming the theater you are going to is fully participating, why would anyone take the concession credit over the movie ticket?

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
Jason_V said:
If I recall correctly, this is how the first BD of MiB was packaged a few years ago.  The ticket code is on the underside of the sticker.  It was difficult for me to get off the slipcase without destroying the sticker...but the clear shrinkwrap should change that a lot.
My MIB Still has the sticker and it's only a plays on PS3 sticker.

Jeff Cooper

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Cooper
WillG said:
a $5 concession credit. Assuming the theater you are going to is fully participating, why would anyone take the concession credit over the movie ticket?
If you have no interest in seeing MiB3 and go to another movie, the concession credit would be nice.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
So now I get an email from Amazon with the link to download the free ticket, but I need the code..but there was no code on the back of the sticker that was on the slipcase...:confused:

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Originally Posted by mikeyhitchfan /t/320490/a-few-words-about-men-in-black-ii-in-blu-ray#post_3924554
So now I get an email from Amazon with the link to download the free ticket, but I need the code..but there was no code on the back of the sticker that was on the slipcase...
Correct.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
mikeyhitchfan said:
So now I get an email from Amazon with the link to download the free ticket, but I need the code..but there was no code on the back of the sticker that was on the slipcase...:confused:
As I already said back a couple of posts the code is on the sticker on the shrink wrap.

Richard Gallagher

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rich Gallagher
There is a blue and gray sticker which says $10 Movie Ticket Offer against the blue background and "Buy the PS3 Game" against the gray background. The back of the sticker has instructions on how to redeem it and shows the promotional code you have to enter.

The offer expires on 7/5/12.

mikeyhitchfan

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Mike
TonyD said:
As I already said back a couple of posts the code is on the sticker on the shrink wrap.
As I mentioned before I threw the shrinkwrap away. There were stickers on the slipcases, but nothing to read when you peel them off. I bought mine from Amazon.
UPDATE!
Another email from Amazon saying they screwed up the code on the first email, so now it works! So, I got the e-ticket plus the $10 credit. Sweet! I hope the movie's good. Looking forward the the 'Skyfall' teaser trailer, as well.

whouk11

Auditioning
Real Name
Drew
In the UK, region free/ ABC release ,it comes with a glossy slipcase, same with the MiB re-release, it comes wwith the codes but no movie ticket, which is ashame, but the quality of both is outstanding, i've had it for about a month and a half now and the slip case is not torn or damaged in anyway, i'd get this version since it does not come with stupid stickers and can be watched on any region of bluray player, it however does also not come with ultraviolet[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks