What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Let Me In -- in Blu-ray (1 Viewer)

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Matt Reeves' Let Me In is a wonderfully crafter horror film, but I find it interesting that there is little reference to that other film -- the one with that had the Blu-ray with sub-titles for slow readers, Let the Right One In. I've not read the original book by John Ajvide Lindqvist, on which both are based, but the similarities between the two films, the first directed by Tomas Alfredson, are immense.

Mr. Reeves is credited for his own screenplay, and like the dialogue in True Grit, much of it apparently is derived from the original novel.

Regardless, this second incarnation, now in English, and with young Chloe Grace Moretz as the ageless twelve year old, is both an entertaining as well as moving film.

Everything about the Blu-ray, from Anchor Bay, seems right, and since its based on a DI, little would, or should have been changed toward the creation of the HD master.

I liked everything about this film, as well as the new Blu-ray.

Quality entertainment, a quality Blu-ray, and for a change a slipcase that is creative and adds to the overall impact of the package design.

Recommended.

RAH

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I liked this version almost as much as the original version. Also, it's up for preorder at Amazon for 19.99

Crawdaddy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks