What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Halloween 35th Anniversary -- in Blu-ray (2 Viewers)

cineMANIAC

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Luis
Finally sat down to watch Halloween for the first time uninterrupted from start to finish since I purchased the first DVD edition (late 90's?). First thing I noticed was what sounded like portions of the soundtrack near the beginning of the film were rescored with heavy-metal samples of the original theme. It didn't go on very long but it was glaring. Haven't seen anyone else talk about this so I thought I'd mention it. As for the picture "revisions", I don't mind the desaturated look as it looks more like late-Fall, which is when the events of the film take place. Whether or not this was the intended look I have no idea but it does look good.

Felix Martinez

Screenwriter
Real Name
Felix E. Martinez
Saw the new blu-ray a couple days ago and thought it looked very nice. I would have pushed the greens a little more toward yellow during the daylight scenes, but I'm picking nits and who the hell cares what I think anyway. I do like the desaturated look of the daylight scenes.

I am surprised by Cundey's comments that he wasn't involved in any previous transfer, but I took this to mean his involvement in an HD transfer, which for the past decade of DVD and blu-ray releases has been based on the Anchor Bay DiviMax HD transfer, if memory serves.

But yes, I would be very surprised if he did not approve the '99 version as his involvement was very clearly disclosed on the DVD packaging.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks