What's new

A Few Words About A few words about...™ Grand Prix -- in HD-DVD (1 Viewer)

ppltd

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thomas Eisenmann
The first thing I noticed, after the overture, was the great MGM Lion. Hmmmm. I wonder how many other older MGM films Warner has the rights to release....

Thomas Eisenmann

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
That can't be totally accurate because most of the Bond films were made before 1986 and Warner doesn't own them. What other major pre-'86 MGM productions are owned by a studio other than Warners?

MarekM

Supporting Actor
sorry for little bit off topic,

where I can find numbers of movie titles owned by each studio ?
somewhere on avs or av forums I read that universal and warner had over 5.000 paramount over 4.000 ? and fox just over 500? is that true for fox ? or it was typo ?

thanx for any links..

Marek

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
"number of movie titles owned by each studio" can mean many things.

As a start, what is a "movie title?"

MarekM

Supporting Actor

I am sorry, I was not clear in my question.

"How many movies has each studio in their LIBRARY", or to how many movies they own rights for dvd and hd distribution. I just wanted to make a little table. To find out to how big library have access blu-ray and to how big library hd-dvd.

Marek

P.S. I hope I am more clear now.....

Robert Harris

Archivist
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Harris
Sorry, what is a "movie?"

The holdings of studios are inclusive of feature films, newsreels, cartoons, shorts, documentaries, and occasionally a separate arena for "B" westerns.

Hence the query, "what is a movie?"

RAH

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Thanks for posting the link to that old article. It explained a lot. I forgot that Bond titles were UA product.

FrancisP

Screenwriter
Can anyone tell me if this has the extras that were on the standard dvd release were carried over to the HD-dvd release? Now that I have a hd-dvd player, this is tops on my list so I don't have to flip it over to watch the second part of the movie.

Roger Rollins

Supporting Actor

Everything that was on the DVD set is on the HD DVD disc.

...and if you thought the DVD was gorgeous (which it is)..your socks are going to be knocked off on the HD DVD.

runchuckrun

Auditioning
Real Name
Chuck

I watched Grand Prix on HD DVD the other night, and it was impressive! I loved the feeling of being in the race car. Great camera angles, and excellent sound effects.

I do agree, though, that the plot is a big soap-opera. Nevertheless, the racing action more than makes up for it.

Douglas Monce

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Douglas Monce

The plot is really just an excuse for the racing scenes. Don't worry too much about it. :D

Doug

Xylon

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Alex L
This transfer is what Patton at least should have been in overall PQ. It has mild DNR applied but retains the sharpness and details. No waxy actors here.

First time seeing it on HD DVD just last week. I wish I've seen it earlier
htf_images_smilies_blush.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zionaesthetic
Recent bookmarks